Chapter 5

When I woke up, it is pouring hard outside. A gloomy, gloomy Monday morning. It was a good weather yesterday and now it's cold and rainy. I stare at the ceiling, remembering what I saw at the church yesterday. If only I saw her face. What happened yesterday was a reality, which means there's a huge chance I will see her again. What am I supposed to do then? Tell her I know her from somewhere, a dream maybe? I rub my eyes with the back of my hand and someone is sitting beside me. My heart almost stopped because I thought the blonde girl followed me all the way home, but it's just mum. And it looks like she hadn't had enough rest.

"Good morning, Drew. Your breakfast is ready downstairs." Mum kissed me on the forehead.

When I went home yesterday, I waited for mum until eleven p.m. She still wasn't home when it was almost midnight, so I locked up the house and slept alone. I was a little uncomfortable, but I was too busy thinking the worst case scenario that I fell asleep.

"Thanks mum. I think you should get some rest." I sat up groggily.

"I'm fine, sweetie. I'll rest when you leave for school."

I did my usual morning stuff, grabbed my bag and umbrella, and down the kitchen. Mum is obviously too tired to cook. She placed a bowl, spoon, milk, and my favorite cereals. Mum is in the living room reading the newspaper and drinking her coffee. I finished two bowls and a glass of milk. When I was about to say goodbye, mum cut me off.

"Drew, sweetie, I will leave for work later at one then I'll be home a little late again. Just don't accept any visitors, okay? It is better to be safe." Mum's eye bags are becoming more visible.

"Mum, I'm happy that you are doing really well with your work and all, but please don't over work yourself."

She shrugged. "I'll have my normal schedule again tomorrow. Off you go now." She waves goodbye.

I wave back and try to protect myself against the wind and rain. I haven't told mum about the girl yesterday. Do I want to? When I think about it, it's not really a big deal. I mean, so what if I saw a girl who's very similar to the one I saw in my dream. It doesn't affect anything important to me. But what's stopping me? Okay, I'll tell mum if I don't forget it. I can't answer my own questions so it all comes down to one conclusion: it's not a big deal and there's nothing wrong if I tell.

I arrived at class fifteen minutes early. I sat next to Henry at the first row. He stopped reading his book and looked at me.

"Hey, buddy. What's up?"

"Weirdest Sunday I had." I reply.

"May I ask why?"

I told him my dream that night briefly. "And then, when we were at church yesterday, I saw the same girl, or I think she's the same girl. I only saw half of her face. She's wearing all black as if someone died and she's with a man which I think is her dad. Just changed her hair color probably and she would look exactly the same." I shook my head.

"That is weird, bro." Henry raised his eyebrows. "If that ever happened to me, I would probably go to him or her and have a chat. It's like talking to someone you made in your head." Henry smiled to himself.

"Well I wanted to at least say hi to her. I just lost my balls."

Henry laughed. "So you like her and Lorrie?"

"What? No. It's not like that." I ducked my head, afraid that someone might hear. "I like Lorrie. I don't know why I even dreamed about the blonde girl. When I saw her, I have this strange feeling and I can't explain what it is."

Henry became quiet for a minute. "What'd you do if you see her again?"

I shrug. "The usual. Say hi and probably tell her about the mysterious dream when we're friends. I'll tell her I don't like her romantically though and it's just a dream."