Chapter 1 - Larissa

Larissa Miller is your average 21 year old girl. She is in an arranged marriage to a man by the name of Eric Vaska. Unfortunately, she doesn't love him. Whenever he tries to be romantic towards her, she just turns away. But at least she tells him off politely.

In the Miller household, Larissa lives with her snotty mother, Sheila. She doesn't care about her daughter's happiness and is making Larissa marry Eric for money.

One little thing about Sheila is that she used to be a kind and loving mother. But after her husband, Arnold passed away, it destroyed her deep inside. Larissa was 10 years old when that happened. So, Sheila spends the rest of her days abusing her only daughter. When Larissa was 18, her mother met Eric. When he caught sight of Larissa, he immediately fell in love with her. Sheila knew that he would make a fine husband for Larissa. No matter how many times Larissa would object, her mother would yell at her. If Larissa doesn't marry Eric, she and her mother would be on the streets.

One particular day, Sheila is throwing a party in the Miller household. Every one of Larissa's relatives are going to be there. Eric will be attending as well. Hours before the party, Larissa was going for a morning stroll. Her mother always tells her not to say hello to the McCartneys because they and the Millers are enemies. Even when they say hello to her, she gives a respectful wave.

When it was the evening hours, the party at the Millers began. Larissa unfortunately wasn't enjoying herself because of Eric. He tried talking to her but she continues to ignore him. Sheila would always get angry whenever her daughter ignores her fiancé.

At one point, Larissa was pulled aside by her mother and she didn't look too happy. "Larissa, you've got to stop ignoring Eric! He's your fiancé and the one you're going to marry!" She yelled. "Mother, why can't you understand that I don't wanna marry someone I don't love?!" Cried Larissa. Sheila's blood starts to boil. "Do you want us to live on the streets?!" She screamed. Larissa shakes her head as tears fill her eyes. "I didn't think so! Your marriage to Eric will give us more money! Now get out there and talk him, you worthless brat!" Sheila yelled.

"I hate you!!" Larissa screamed at her mother. She runs up to her room and cries. "Why can't I marry someone I want?" She asks herself. Larissa thinks about her father. "If only you were still here, Father. You'd understand that I'd rather marry someone I love. Mother just won't come to her senses and understand that I don't wanna marry Eric." She said.