Part 3

I woke up feeling extremely wasted. My head hurts so bad. I know the amount of that red drink Hoseok ordered last night has taking its toll on me. This is the worst hangover I've experienced in my life.

I struggle to get up as I found my phone vibrating like crazy on the bed side table. I looked at the screen to find out the caller,

"Hobi-nim?" I answered in between yawns.

"Are you feeling normal now? I didn't know you're such an asshole when you're drunk."

"I am? Why? What did I do?"

"You really can't remember what happened?"

"Some. Actually, I don't remember exactly what happened. All I can remember was I tried to put a fight." I laughed.

"You think that's funny? You almost got us dragged out of the bar! You put a fight with the owner!"

My eyes suddenly went wide. "The owner? Really? That poker face is the owner?"

"Yes Kim Seokjin! Aishhh! If i only knew you're a war freak when drunk, I would have just invited you for korean barbeque."

"I'm not a war freak. That poker face was just rude."

"Who's talking? Anyway, I called really just to inform you that my friend Jimin is working for KTH. He told me that it was their office who badly needs a clerk. I think the last one just resigned."

"Really? I really do hope I'll get hired. Did your friend saw my resume? I already got a reply acknowledging receipt of my application."

"I don't think he has a say to the recruitment. Besides he's working directly with the owner of KTH. So I guess he doesn't have any idea about the hiring process. But if they acknowledged receipt of your documents, they might have read it by now."

"I think so too. I'm not expecting but actually, I'm waiting for an interview invitation anytime now. Nim, i'll take a shower first. I need to help eomma on her shop. It's a Saturday."

"Okay. Let me know if KTH already called or get in touched with you."

"Ok Hobi-nim. Bye."

After taking a shower, I still feel heavy. My head is aching just so bad. Eomma prepared a tea for me to ease the pain. "I told you not to get drunk. Hobi had to carry you on his back just to get you to bed." My mother's voice is serious. She looks rather disappointed of my action.

"I'm so sorry eomma. I promise I will not do that again." I hold eomma's hand.

"That's what you said the last time you got drunk." Eomma smiled. "I saw your celphone. Someone's calling you earlier."

"It's Hobi-nim. He just called to say hi."

BUZZZZZ

From: xxx-xxx-xxxx

Mr. Kim Seokjin,

This is from KTH Conglomerates Recruitment Team. We are pleased to inform you that you are short listed for the Clerical Position that you are applying for. Please come to our office at 10th Floor of KTH Tower on Monday at 7am for an interview. Please bring 2pcs 1x1 photo and a copy of your transcript of records. Please look for Yeonjun.

Thank you!

My headache suddenly disappeared by the text messaged I received. I immediately informed eomma.

"Eomma! KTH is considering me for the position."

"Really? Wow! I knew it! I told you Seokjinnie. You will get it."

"This is just an interview. I don't know yet if they will accept me but I'm hoping. If that happens, we can pay for our monthly rent on time." I was beyond excited and hopeful.

I saw Eomma's face lightened by the news. I knew how much she wanted me for this. Even though it's just a small position, she is fully aware of my dream to work in the corporate world. I remember one time, she apologized to me. She was sorry that she doesn't have the means to send me to school. That I need to work part time for different people. The truth, she has high hopes for me. Perhaps, that's the reason why she's blaming herself. It broke my heart that she has to feel that way when it's my decision to stop from school and help her.

Monday came and I just finished my interview. I was informed that I submitted my resume late. They just consider my application because of my impressive grades in college. They told me that if I'll get hired, I'll have the opportunity to be a company scholar and the company will help me to continue my studies. But in return, I need to sign a bond that will tie me up to the company. I need to work for them for two years and should not resign. And that's okay. In my point of view, by the way Yeonjun discussed the benefits that I will enjoy just in case I'll get hired, I think it's another way of telling me that I am already hired.

I'm just waiting for the formality.