Part 46

"Goodmorning." I greeted the man in beige turtleneck and glasses. His brown hair was styled perfectly and his perfume smells sweet. A very familiar scent that I cannot remember.

He looked uneasy when he took the chair in front of me. He kept on glancing on my white table.

"Goodmorning Mr. Kim. My name is Kim Seokjin and I will be the one to handle the advertising and marketing events of your company for the next four months. From planning to execution."

"Good because I am not happy with how the first two employees of your company worked and it wasted our time. Two weeks to be exact. I am expecting a lot from you since I already asked your boss to send the best one. And I believe that's you, Seok... jin..." My breath suddenly hitched when I say his name.

"I'll make sure to exceed your expectation Mr. Kim and I would like to apologize in behalf of our company." He said, giving me a smile.

Seokjin. Sounds familiar to me. "How do you want me to call you? Seokjin? Jin? or Mr. Kim?"

"I preferred Jin." He said.

I fixed my eyeglass as I eyed him. "You're the one I met in the toy store right?"

He nods. "I would like to apologize if I insisted that we know each other. I've made a mistake Mr. Kim." He bowed.

But he looks oddly familiar. Really. "You look familiar Jin. Have we met before? I really do think I've met you somewhere."

He took a deep breath. Maybe annoyed of my question? "Mr. Kim, I used to be an employee of your company. But I only stayed for less than a month. I thought that I can work and study at the same time. I chose to study so I dropped the job. Maybe that's the reason why I looked familiar because that's the same reason why I thought you know me."

I nod. Possibly. "I see. Probably. I'm sorry but I'm having difficulty remembering things so pardon me of I can't remember you."

"Its okay Mr. Kim. Less than a month of working with you some four years ago has a low chance of you recognizing me. So that's totally okay."

Jin speaks very good and clear. He knew how to express himself well unlike the first two who keeps on stuttering.

"How did you meet Namjoon? He's a colleague of mine." I asked.

"Namjoon is my best friend Mr. Kim. We knew each other since high school. We're like brothers." He said. His smile. That very familiar smile. I wonder where and when I saw it?

"Jin.. Can you please be honest with me?" His eyes glistened when he stared at me after I said that. Because I really do think I knew this person in front of me. I know that Jin is the name that I've been mentioning whenever Heegi and I try making love.

"I am always honest with my answers Mr. Kim. What's that you wanted to ask?"

"I know that I've met you somewhere. Jin is a very familiar name to me. Can you honestly tell me if we know each other before? Are we classmates? Or schoolmates?"

"Mr. Kim, as I said, I've been an employee of your company before. And besides, Jin is a very common name. I can honestly say that I am not the Jin you knew and met before." He answered politely while bowing.

I sighed. Well, he's probably right.

"So, may I see your proposed project Jin?" I asked.

Jin handed me a folder and he discussed everything. I'm impressed. Very detailed. Very clear. Way way better than the first two. He knew what he's doing and he knew what he wants to happen. And he's very handsome too.

"Wow Jin! Why your company did not send you right away? Your company wasted two weeks of our time but you make up for it. That was perfect!" I think this is the best proposal I've seen so far for our advertising event.

"Thank you for the compliment Mr. Kim. I am also excited to start working with your Marketing Team soon." He said.

"Marketing Team? I will handle this project personally Jin. But I will bring my own team in Europe. You bring your own team as well. To assist for the event."

"Europe sir?" Looks like his boss did not orient him about our overseas event.

"Yes Jin. We will be leaving for Germany, Italy and France. This is a big project. The same reason why I am looking for the best to work with our company. Being the number one in Korea, I don't want a so-so employee from your advertising firm. And I'm glad your company sent you."

I saw him being anxious. Looks like he wants to back out.

"Why Jin? Your boss did not tell you that this will be a domestic and overseas project?" I asked. Because by the looks of it, he's not prepared.

"Mr. Kim, I can leave the country even tonight if I was informed by my boss but I'm not. It's not that I don't like to leave but honestly, I'm not prepared for this." I like that he's honest .

"Jin, I can make the schedule adjusted for you. I don't want your boss to send me another failed employee because I honestly think you're the best one for this. So maybe next week the latest?"

He thinks for a while.

"I'm sorry Mr. Kim if I made a wrong impression. But okay, next week is perfect." He said, bowing again.

"Nice to hear. We are supposed to be leaving on Wednesday but I'll have Yoongi fix the schedule. You give me five names from your company that you want to bring with you. I will give you the dates of our events and you give me your planned events for each dates. Not rush. I need it by next week. May I know Jin why you can't leave right away?" I asked because I can feel the hesitations in his body language.

He stared at me for a while. Maybe looking for the best explanation.

"I have a four year old son Mr. Kim and I can't leave him just like that. I need to prepare him emotionally and mentally before leaving. Especially that this project requires me to work mostly overseas. My son is very clingy. I hope you will understand."

"You have a son? You're married?" I asked, looking for a ring on his finger.

"No Mr. Kim. I'm a single father."