Part 9

Taehyung

My memories of her is still vivid. I can still remember when she told me that she's pregnant. Her eyes were glistening with tears as if that's the happiest moment in her life. I was beyond happy. That was my dream, to have a child with the person I love.

She refused to live with me telling me that she wanted marriage first before moving in my apartment. I asked her to marry me but she refused again telling me that she's already pregnant. She doesn't want people to assume that we only got married because of her condition. I believed her. I honestly admire her more for fighting on what she believe was right. I thought that she was a strong willed woman.

She called me one day, that was before noon, asking me to come over her house as she was experiencing frequent contractions. But it's not yet her due date. I rushed on to her and brought her to the hospital. I was informed that she might give birth anytime. I was nervous. I did not expect that she will give birth sooner than we expected. And after several hours of anxiously waiting, she gave birth prematurely to our baby girl. There was no complications whatsoever. She just needs to stay in NICU for observation. I can't take my eyes off my child. She was so tiny back then. I fell in love with her the moment I lay my eyes on my beautiful baby girl.

I can still remember that I fell asleep on her bedside while waiting for her to wake up. Maybe because I was emotionally tired, I did not notice that I fell into a deep sleep. When I woke up, her bed was empty. The IV line connected to her was there on the bed . I tried to look in the comfort room but all I saw there was the scrub suit she's wearing when I fell asleep beside her. I went out to the nurses station to ask if they noticed someone coming out of our room. They said just a woman wearing a hooded jacket. I run immediately to NICU, my baby was there sleeping soundly.

I went back to our room and grabbed my phone. I noticed a paper on the side table. I opened it.

Tae, I already left. Please don't look for me.

That was it. She doesn't even mention anything about our child. It's as if she gave birth to our child just to left the baby with me.

I don't know what happened in between. From the day that she left until that time when Jungkook trying to wake me up and calling someone on the phone. Everything went dark. When I woke up, I was confined in a hospital bed. I remembered cutting my wrist after taking a bottle of medicine that I can't even remember what kind. I just grabbed and took it. I don't know what happened next.

My father sent me to a therapist. Somehow, it worked to lessen my depression but those painful past just changed me completely. I live in fear, in disgust and in anger. I always think that everyone was born to deceit me. I've been in a relationship before but this one just kill everything inside me. My will, my interests and my old self. I lost my trust and my faith. I bury myself to work. All I want is to work. But just as when our company was unstoppable, my father died. I started questioning myself if I was born to suffer.

I saw Heegi few weeks ago. I actually saw her many times in the building few blocks away from my tower. As I decided to talk to her, she moved away with a child in her hand that I believe was hers.

I asked Jungkook to spy over her. I want to know where she lives, how is she and most importantly, why she left.

Jungkook got some information about her residential address as well as the company she was working for. I know Jungkook was very pissed I made him a spy. He keeps on whining about it.

"Since when I become a spy?" Jungkook asked me. But he just can't say no to me. He is my bestfriend and my confidante. He supports me to whatever I want in my life. And I can't deny the fact that he saved me from dying and from completely crashing down.

I stayed alive by being cold, angry and inconsiderate. Jungkook advised me that I'm being too harsh to everyone. But I guess that's my defense for all the hurts I experienced before. And I wonder why until now, I refused to move on.

Chanri is everything to me. I admit at first, I don't want to see her as dhe reminded me of her mother. But as time goes by, I started to love her. She gave me hopes and strength to get by everyday. I finally found a reason to work and to live.

Jungkook's POV

I reached for my pocket for a gum. I think gum started to be my bestfriend. Just some 3 days ago, I was parked near a building waiting for Heegi  to come out. That's Taehyung's instruction. Just to spy. He said he wanted to know everything about Heegi. Most especially, who is she married to right now..

Today, I was staring at a house for more than two hours now. This is where I saw Heegi went after work.  Maybe that's her address. But then, my phone rang. It's Taehyung.

****

A/N Sorry if I need to go back to their past. Just some background of the characters ☺️

💜💜💜☺️☺️