Part 8

I did my best to edit before going to sleep. I'm just super lazy to reread again. 😂

💜💜💜💜💜

Seokjin's POV

Three years ago, my five year old sister was diagnosed with Leukemia. The kind of her leukemia was very rare.

But before that, I was a honor student in highschool. I was offered a university scholarship due to my academic standings. I have numbers of Universities to choose from but Namjoon told me to choose the best one. We attended the same university.

But when my sister was diagnosed, I need to choose over continuing my studies or helping my eomma with the finances. We were told that my sister had a slim chance of survival. Her leukemia was so rare that there was no treatment program developed yet. We were told that she needed chemotherapy and radiation but both were not guaranteed to be effective. Of course, we gamble. We want her to be treated even without the guarantee of survival. I don't want to have regrets someday that we did not even try. And because of that, I stopped from school and work part time to help my eomma with the hospital and medicine bills.

Namjoon gave a large amount for her treatment. But the doctor gave us a very honest advise that my sister wasn't getting any better. She was getting worst. Her treatments were all proven to be ineffective.

When she was intubated and was put into deep sleep, everything seemed to shattered in front of me. I knew right away that she's going soon. She was very sweet and loving. She loves being called princess. She was my princess. I always want to thrive in my studies to give her a better future but all my dreams came crashing down when she finally gave up her fight. After just 5 months of battle. But somehow, I'm glad it didn't take long.

We let her go. She suffered too much. It hurts whenever I hear her crying. It hurts to see her arms and legs bruised all over from needles. To the point that all her veins were damaged from too much pricking of needles. On the contrary, I do feel it was best to let her go. To ease the pain she was feeling. No more sufferings.

I think that was the saddest part of my life. But I have to be strong for my mother. She was a very strong woman. I need to show her that I am strong too.

Until now, I cannot talk or even speak my sister's name. It still hurts as if it just happened yesterday. But we're moving on. I did not go back to school after that. Honestly, I don't have the strength. I'm doing everything for her but now she's gone, it felt like I'm doing everything for no one anymore. All i want right now is to work for my eomma as my father was a jobless alcoholic womanizer abuser whatever you want to call it. I'm glad he left. It may sound too bad but I'm just happy he left.

But I know my sister wanted me to pursue my dreams but I think the time is not right as of this time. But I already have plans to go back to school. If I will go back and finish, my sister will be proud of me. And on the sideline, my boss will probably not treat me different.

Today is her birthday. I went to her grave after work. I don't know if it's just a coincidence that I met Chanri today. She reminded me a lot of my sister. Her full bangs, her sweet little voice and her love for cookies and cream. Most especially, her little voice calling me oppa. It's been a while since someone called me oppa. Though it hurts that Chanri brought painful memories back, it felt good that I made a little girl extra happy today. I think that's the best gift that I can give to my little sister in heaven. I was wrong to call Chanri grumpy. She was nice. Glad to know because her father is the total opposite.

Jimin insisted to come. He said he wanted to meet my sister and greet her happy birthday. I told him it's not possible. I really can't talk about my sister being dead. It breaks my heart everytime. Jimin was shocked when I brought him to the columbarium. Since he went with me, I told him everything about my sister and about myself. He felt sorry about what happened. And now he understands why I wasn't able to finish my studies and just relying to jobs not requiring a diploma. We talked too seriously for about an hour and Jimin changed the topic as he noticed that I am getting unhappy.

"I was surprised that Chanri called you oppa." Jimin said while we walk on our way to the bus stop.

"Huh? Why? Little girls call older boys oppa right?" I got curious.

"She calls me Park. Can you imagine? 'Hey Park! Buy me ice cream!'. Can you imagine that? A little girl calling me Park?" Jimin's facial expression was funny. When Jimin widen his eyes and pouts, he looks like a little kid. I laughed at his story.

"I think she doesn't mean any of that. She's just a kid. But Jimin, Mr. Kim is married?" I asked. I can't believe someone would want to be his wife or his husband whatever he chose to have.

"He's not married." I can't comprehend what I just heard, "His girlfriend left him just after she gave birth. Like she gave birth today then she left the next day."

I was shocked to know. I felt sorry for Chanri. My heart breaks for the little girl. She grew up without a mother. Maybe that's why she's grumpy sometimes. She needs love and attention from a mother or a father. Maybe she's seeking for that kind of love.

"So Mr. Kim is a single parent?" I asked. I don't know anything about big boss aside for the fact that he is always and forever angry and inconsiderate.

Jimin nodded. "Chanri grew up with their maids. Mr. Kim is from a broken family as well. And his father died the same year Chanri was born. That's all I know. Maybe we can ask Yoongi some other time. He's with the Kims for ten years."

Well, knowing all of that, somehow, maybe his past has something to do on why he is just so heartless.