Chapter Sixteen

Tiki had called just before dawn and said that he needed to talk to me. I can't for the life of me figure out why. He didn't sound any different then he had the night before. So here I am, parking my car in the lot as the sun peaks over the horizon.

I don't know why this couldn't wait a couple of hours, but Tiki did always make a big deal out of nothing. I sigh, it must have something to do with Jay. Why he had to act like a dickhead yesterday, I didn't know. Seems I'm thinking that a lot today. He's not even worth the brain cells that waisted.

As I look towards the porch of the clubhouse, I see Tiki come out. He waves when he sees my car. I wave back making no move to get out. It's to early. I'll tell him that as soon as I feel like talking to him. If he doesn't have coffee, I may not talk to him at all.

Last night after all the crap, Angel and coupke of the guys had to go do something. I had learned a long time ago that if they didnt offer information, not to ask about it. If I got an answer, I knew I may not like it so I let it go. Angel had texted me late last night, well closer to the time Tiki had. He'd said that he would meet me here later.  That he needed a power nap and then he'd be here. I had a feeling that Tiki had been as vage with Angel as he was me.

With a sigh, I climbed out of the car amd made my way to Tiki. The sun had finally came up. "So, what's this all about?"

"Can't I just want to spend time with you?"

"You can but you haven't wanted to in a long time." I said as I pursed my lips. "I need coffee."

Tiki moved inside and I followed. We moved to the bar where Chucky was pouring the blessed liquid into mugs. "If that's for me, you will be my new favorite."

Chucky smiled. "That's Angel, but I know what you mean."

I nodded and smiled, taking a sip of the coffee he had pushed my way. I closed my eyes snd sighed. Just what I needed. It was going to take the whole cup to get through this talk with my brother. I was sure of that.

"You know I love you right?"

"Yeah, I know. I love you to big brother."

"You should also know, that I had nothing to do with this."

"Nothing to do with what?"

I looked around, just now realising that Tiki, Chucky, and I were the onky ones in the main room. It was awfully quiet too, but that was to be expected so early in the morning. I looked to Tiki, confused. That's when I heard it. The sound of two motorcycles pulling up. With that sound came the guys from bith clubs filling the room, Angel included.

"You didn't?" I asked Tiki with a sneer. He winced as all the guys stopped to watch.

"Sonia, I didn't. It was his prospect that called."

"Whatever." I said as I stood.  I moved to the door, but stopped dead in my tracks as I seen who had pulled up. "Fuck."

"What?" Tiki asked.

"He brought Mom, and Marcus."

"Fuck."

"Whats the big deal? So it's a washed up Old Lady and a couple of Presidents." I hadn't even noticed Jamison was here. I saw red but as I had moved back inside, they had come in. So Tiki and I didn't even have to open our mouths.

"Boy-o.... "

"It's alright Chibs, I got it." Mom said. She pulled Chibs side piece and pointed it at Jay. "I hear you been talkin' about my Old Man, dead or not he was mine and that patch on you're back is all that's saving you."

"From what?" Jay asked cockily.

"The reaper."

"Mom."

"Not now Sonia." I promptly shut my mouth. "Have a seat Jay, we git lots to talk about. You ran your mouth on my daughter, my son, and my Bobby. Your going to answer for it."

"All I said was true." I was officially slack jawed.

"Wow, really. Your a piece of shit. The only reason you're not with the injured prospect right now is out of my loyalty to Marcus and his to Chibs. So I'd watch my mouth if I were you." Angel spat as he moved to my side and out his arm around my waist. It was a silent claim.