Chapter Twenty-three

I bent down to put a blanket on the couch as casually as I could turned my back to him. As I did I hit Angel's contact to call. It connected as I stood up and faced him again. I spoke before Angel could.

"Jay, you should go. Chibs and Tig will be wondering where you are and Angel will be home anytime. Lets not make a mess out of anything." I said as I slowly backed toward the kitchen. I could defend myself better there.

I have a hand gun. A Glock my father gave me but it was to far to get to, so knives from the kitchen would have to do. I just had to keep him talking and distracted until Angel or any fucking body got here.

"You know, I always thought you would ruin my life. Ruin my standing with my club. You have them all so wrapped around your finger that brotherhood doesn't seem to matter. Always wondered how you did that." Jamison said as he took a step towards me. I automatically took a step back, which caused him to smirk. He didn't scare me, not really just made me uncomfortable as hell.

"There my family. My brother and my uncles." I tried to reason.

"There my brothers to. My club and my president let your boy toy beat my face bloody and then your brother beat me while I was down."

"Jay, you brought that on by the way you acted and the things you said. That had very little to do with me." I said annoyed.

"Oh, it had every fucking thing to do with you! You and your fucking Mayan." He yelled as he pushed towards me.

I spun and lunged for the knife drawer. I'd stab him if I had to. As I was pulling the drawer open he pulled me back by the belt loops of my jeans.

"You're gonna get a beating and then I'm gonna kill your Mayan lover and maybe your brother too." He growled in my ear.

I did the only thing I could think of in my adrenaline riddled mind. I moved my hand down and grabbed Jay's balls with all my strength. He screamed in agony and pushed me away hard. I fell against the counter on my ribs. I growned but turned quickly as Jay moved my way again.

Having already wounded his baby makers once, I sent my foot straight for them again. The hit connected but back fired. As he went down he took me with him.

I tried to move away from him, tried to crawl to the counter but he grabbed my ankle. He jerked me back toward him. I pulled my other foot back and kicked him in the nose. It automatically began to pour the blood like old faithful.

"Bitch." He muttered as he pulled his hand away from me to hold his nose.

As I moved towards the counter once again and pulled myself to my feet. That's when I noticed the sound. Bikes. More then ten. They gave an ominous roar as they thundered closer to us. Almost like a death moan, it sent a ice cold chill down my spine.

"You fucking whore. You fucking called him. You slick bitch." He said as he lunged my way. He smacked my across the face, I cried out in surprise and the sharp sting. I could feel my lip split as my arms jerked backwards on the counter for balance. "I'll kill you!"

That's when things changed in our exchange. It wasn't the weapon I was hoping for but it would do. My hand wrapped around the thick wooden rolling pin just as my front door was slammed open with a resounding bang.

"Fuck you Jay. Go to hell you son of a bitch." I said as I cracked his skull open with my father's rolling pin. He went down just as Tiki, Angel, Chibbs and Tig came into view.

I could only imagine what they were thinking. There was blood all over my kitchen floor down the front of my shirt and on my pant leg. None of it was mine all of it had come from Jay's nose.

"Jesus, Sonia." Tig said as he looked around.

"I'm alright." I huffed trying to catch my breath. My ribs felt tight but I could breath. I was breathing that's what really mattered.

"Mi Amor. Look at me. Sonia, look at me." I turned to look at Angel. All my focus on his face and his soft brown eyes that blazed a fire I had never seen before. It was death and destruction. "Did he hit you Sonia? Your face is swelling." He asked through gritted teeth. (my love )

"Once. Right before I scrambled his brain. I hit my ribs on the counter trying to get away. It's tight but I can breathe."

"I'm gonna kill him." He vowed.

"Aye. He dies. The club way." Chibs said. "She can choose who." He nodded at me.

"I love you Sonia. You did good bebita." Angel said as he pulled me into his chest. (baby girl)

"I love you Angel. Ride or die remember?" I asked into his chest.

"Si, Mi Amor. Ride or die." (yes, my love)