Chapter 11: Demon's Claws

Jungkook's right hand intertwined with yours and it rested on top of your right shoulder as he guided you on the wheelchair through the hospital's garden

Jungkook's right hand intertwined with yours and it rested on top of your right shoulder as he guided you on the wheelchair through the hospital's garden. There were small breezes of wind adding a cool temperature to your body despite the warm day outside of your hospital room. It felt nice watching the clouds hovering above the sky, but it felt nicer when you watched it along Jungkook's side.

"How did you end up becoming a demon?"

An innocent question rolled out your tongue, and the wheelchair stopped. Jungkook stopped moving, his body froze -a face of darkness crawling to his body1 and you felt how your intertwined fingers had lowered their temperature for just three seconds. 

"Why do you want to know?" He slowly proceeded, the warmth returning upon your fingers and your heartbeat accelerating it's beatings over the adrenaline coursing through your veins as curiosity filled you. 

"Because I want to get to know you Jungkook." Leaning your head against your intertwined fingers helped you calm the beating of your heart, it was relaxing.

The demon sighed upon locking the wheelchair's brake as the sunlight kissed both of your skins. Highlights of shadows painted your body as he leaned down to pat your head. "You won't like it. Are you sure?" He started, the fingers gently passing through your soft locks until his thumb brushed over your temple; his touch was benign against your skin. 

"I'm sure, tell me." You nodded your head and watched as he sat on the bench in front of you, the same bench where you had first heard his warm compliments and all you could feel was the warmth of his gaze upon you.

"My age is one thousand, seven hundred and forty-nine years. I was not kidding back when you first woke up." He chuckled and you blushed remembering how you teased him because of his joke, being the enigmatic demon he is. "I was kicked out of heaven because... I killed someone, a human." He sighed and stared into your intertwined fingers, the past locked up events crawling to the surface of his life once again. 

At first, he hated himself for it. He had to do what he had to do, but everyone turned against him and he lost his power because of it and was cursed to roam the Earth along two other males who took his side. But with the time stepping over them, the sins never washing away, the curse leaving them with immortality and a frozen heart, they got separated and throughout the years, the passing milleniums became his age. 

"Do you believe in angels?" The demon almost growled upon mentioning the word angel. To him, it was a word that reminded him of why he was like this. When you slowly nodded, he gulped.

"I was one of The Seven Archangels. My post was one of the highest, but ever since another Archangel met a mortal, I was distraught. Angels were not supposed–at that time–to have contact with humans. But one of The Seven Archangels met this human girl and a sin was committed. I was infuriated, the human became the first liability for that Archangel and the committed sins increased, the violation of laws and I had to put an end to it." he paused, "the girl betrayed him one day but the Archangel was too clouded to believe what I told him.