Chapter 11: The Gang's All Here

Sup, Kiwi here! School is starting for me tomorrow but I'll keep trying to update this on every Sunday like I have been.

***

Almost six years had passed since the incident. The citizens readjusted to the new way of living and eventually, adventurers were forgotten.

***

Cassidy trudged into the town hall, dragging Ava by the collar.

"Cassidyyyyy," Ava whined. "You passed by three birds! You didn't even let me pet them!"

"Geez, girl, what's up with you and birds?" Cassidy rolled her eyes as she dropped Ava onto the ground.

During the walk, the Councilor had called Cassidy again and informed her to bring Allison back to Seaside town and where to find her.

She then approached a man sitting at a desk.

"How may I help you?" he asked, straightening some papers and sitting up.

"Is Allison here?" Cassidy asked. "We need to see her."

"Oh, you mean Allison Wallace?" the man brightened up. "She's the hero of Mount McLargeHuge! What do you need her for?"

Wow, my cousin is famous? Cassidy thought. Well, anything can happen in the Kingdom.

"I think we just need to meet her," Cassidy responded. "The Council told us."

"Do you know her personally?" the man asked. "Even if you don't, she's pretty easy to talk to. The problem is that she goes out a lot and might not be here today."

Suddenly, a woman with a spatula wearing an apron entered the room.

"Of course she'll be here today!" the woman announced cheerfully. "It's Chicken Nugget Tuesday!"

"Why can't we have Chicken Nugget Tuesday?" Ava mumbled. Cassidy shrugged.

A loud boom sounded from behind them and the two whirled around to see a girl with a half-ponytail and a heavy jacket enter.

"Looks like she's here!" the man exclaimed.

The girl who was supposedly Allison had brown hair and was dressed in full snow gear as she held a giant club in her hand. Happily replacing the door she kicked down, she marched in and placed her club aside.

"Got any chicken nuggets for me?" Allison asked the woman with a bright grin.

"Of course, Allison dear!" the woman with the spatula replied, picking up a steaming hot place of chicken nuggets on a nearby table. "Cooked just the way you like it!"

"Thanks!" Allison replied, taking the tray from the woman. "You make the best nuggets!"

"Sorry to ruin your nugget time," Cassidy interrupted. "But you're Allison, right?"

"Yeah, I am!" Allison replied, shoving a handful of nuggets into her mouth. "Anf foo are you, sfranger?"

"God, just finish chewing," Cassidy watched her cousin in disgust.

Allison swallowed her nuggets and looked up at Cassidy.

"Wow lady, you're tall," Allison notes as Cassidy wrinkled her nose. It took all her effort to not strangle Ava, who was giggling.

"Yeah, anyways," Cassidy groaned, shifting back to the topic at hand. "Apparently, I'm your cousin and you have to come back to Seaside town with me."

"I have a cousin?" Allison asked, cocking her head to the side. "Woah, I have a cousin!"

She threw her arms around Cassidy.