Chapter 26: Fashion Police (Filler Arc 1)

Sorry for not updating this Sunday! The break completely screwed my mental schedule over lmao

Extremely short chapter as well, because I had too much fun on a voice chat with my friend.

***

You are a fast learner. I believe you will be ready to face the Sorceress soon.

***

For once, the squad had nothing much to do. For the entire week, they completed mundane tasks like helping out the general public, clean the house, and maybe stop a few evil villains from taking over the Kingdom. It was a quiet afternoon when the doorbell rang and they saw an envelope slip through the mail slot.

Dying of boredom, Ava scurried over to the letter and picked it up. Without even waiting to show the others, she tore it open and read, "You have been invited to a grand party celebrating 200 years since this kingdom's establishment!"

The rest gathered around her.

"No way, two-hundred years?" Cassidy laughed. "We haven't been around for that long!"

"Sounds exciting!" David exclaimed. "I'm in!"

"Quick, read for dressing requirements!" Tori pointed out.

Ava continued to read the letter.

"The theme for this party will be a masquerade. Please wear formal clothing and bring a mask"

"That sounds so COOL!" Allison bounced around. "I wanna wear fancy clothing!"

"When is it? Where is it?" Tori asked excitedly.

"The party will take place at the Party Hall located on the right side of the tracks, starting at 5:00 PM tomorrow."

"No way, tomorrow?" Teresa raised her eyebrow. "Looks like we gotta get some fancy clothes today."

"I'm down for shopping!" Cassidy was already putting on her boots. "Come on guys, let's go get some clothes at the mall."

The mall was located all the way in Desert Beach, but it would easy with Cassidy's transforming meatcar. Everyone argued over what songs to play through the entire car ride, but they eventually made it to the mall.

"The fancy store should be at the end of the mall," Cassidy informed. "In that case, we should probably get there quickly."

As they approached the doors, Cassidy noticed a woman arguing with another person. She wore a giant top hat and a long coat with black boots and had short, olive hair.

"What do you MEAN magic is greater than machines?!" she screeched.

"Geez, psycho alert," Teresa rolled her eyes.

"YOU!" the psycho girl pointed at Cassidy as they walked past her. "Are you with magic or machines?"

"I mean, I'm a sorceress," Cassidy shrugged. "So obviously-"

"Oh, you mean you're siding with magic just because your a MAGICIAN?" she screeched.

"Lady, you didn't even let me finish-"

"First the FUCKING LAMB SAUCE and NOW THIS?!"

Suddenly, giant claws sprung out from the backpack on her back.

"Ooookay, party's over!" Teresa pushed the guys into the door and shut it with her magic.

***

"Come on, just wear this!" Tori groaned as she forced an outfit into Teresa's hands. "You gotta wear something!"

"Nuh uh. I'm not putting on a dress."

"It's not even a dress! It's just a pencil skirt and a collared top!"

"Fine! I'll go wear it!"

Teresa slammed the door to the changing room as Cassidy exited another one. She wore a brilliant red dress, one touching the floor.

"How do I look?" she asked.

"Great!" Tori gave her a thumbs up. "Now, wear these high heels."

Sighing, Cassidy grabbed the heels and promptly began changing into them. Just that moment, Ava burst out of the room wearing a tuxedo.

"You can't make me change!" she stuck out her tongue at Tori.

Tori rolled her eyes as she handed Allison a sea-blue A-line dress.

"You sure seem to be busy choosing outfits," David stood beside her, wearing a tuxedo with a tie. "Why don't you go find something yourself?"

"Already got one!" she smiled, pulling a shimmering silver dress out of her backpack.

Just that moment, Teresa treaded out the changing room in her new outfit.

"Looks great!" Tori patted her. "Just gotta put a bun on your head and it'll look perfect."

"Now, to get the masks," Cassidy mentioned, wobbling in her high heels.

Each chose a mask: David, a plain navy one, Cassidy, a feathery red one, Tori, a sparkly silver one, Teresa, a basic black one, Allison, a peach colored one with rhinestones, and Ava decided to just wear her own adventurer mask.

"Alright, were done now, right?" Tori checked her watch. "If you guys need any more things then tell me."

She watched as the rest shook their heads.

"Aight then, we out!"

Together, they paid for their clothing and exited the mall, all somewhat excited for the upcoming party.