Last Chapter: The End

Author's note:

Well, it's here. The end of the series, or at least the first part, anyway.

After restarting this book I gave myself a fresh beginning and developed myself a story that I couldn't imagine ever coming up with. Even though it's a fanfiction, this has to be my most thought out and well-planned piece yet.

A lot of changes happened throughout the series and I ended up altering some plans, but it all progressed smoothly and nothing bad happened at all.

It was an amazing journey for me to write this book. I hope you all loved going on adventures along with Cassidy and her friends as much as I did writing them.

I want to thank all of you who decided to read this book, read some of the book, and especially the ones who stuck all the way to the end. This has been a huge project for me.

I'm hoping the whole series won't end yet, though. I really do want to continue their adventures and maybe come out with a season two sometime. But in the meantime, I'll be working on my other projects and putting this off for a while.

Thank you so much for reading this book. It's been a wild ride, and here's the last chapter.

***

The wooden doors seemed even larger than last time as they towered over Cassidy. Taking a deep breath, she placed her hand on the handle and readied herself to pull the door open, but stopped.

"What's wrong, Boss?" Frank asked.

"Just gotta collect me thoughts," she responded, not turning around. "Prepare mentally for the fight."

"I getcha, Chief. This battle's gonna be a hard one, but at least you'll know what's coming."

Closing her eyes, Cassidy breathed again, gripped the handle, and prepared to count to three.

One... two...

However, before she could finish, the doors flung open with a loud BANG! Surprised, Cassidy flinched, yet stood her ground. Gulping, she straightened up, and stepped into the room, only to have a flaming ball of fire explode on the wall beside her.

"Back for round two, scarecrow?" the Sorceress cackled, hand flaming. "I didn't think you'd survive that fall!"

"Yeah dipshit, I didn't either but look where I am!" Cassidy returned sharply, stepping through the door. "I hope you've got an appetite, 'cause I'm about to serve you a nice beat down."

"I'd like to see you try!" the Sorceress drawled.

"Oh yeah? Then prepare yourself to get your ass beat this time!"

Cassidy charged forward with a stake of ice in her hand, straight towards the Sorceress's stomach. In return, the Sorceress cast out a mist of darkness, but Cassidy knew exactly where she would be escaping to. With a quick turn around and a slash with her weapon, Cassidy managed to draw blood from her enemy, who had relocated behind her.

"Don't think the same tricks can fool me twice," Cassidy smirked as she held up the ice knife, dripping with blood. "You're as predictable as you are evil."

The Sorceress's face scrunched you in anger for a second, then returned to normal. She popped open a bottle and drank the contents; then immediately the wound on her body closed up. With a dark scowl, she held out her staff and motioned it as if she were cutting off Cassidy's head.

And the battle ensued.

Five minutes in, Cassidy managed to defeat the Sorceress's first form (once again) and advance to the next stage. She writhed in pain and transformed into the hideous beast with tentacles.