~15~

"The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard tournament since its inception." Professor Mcgonagall struggled to say as Filch struggled to turn on the old record player. All the gryffindor girls and boys were separated to different sides of the room. Girls to the left. Boys to the right. "On Christmas Eve night, we gather with our guests in the great hall for a night of well mannered frivolity." She continued slowly walking through the room. The sound of her black shoes clacking against the cold tile echoed through the room which almost made the event feel more awkward and uncomfortable than it already was.

    "As representatives of the school I need all of you to be on your best behavior." Her tone had gone more stern as she paced back next to the record player. "And I mean this literally because the Yule Ball is foremost... a dance." Whispers were exchanged across the room. Some girls would turn to their friends and smile. Heck, they practically squealed. I looked to the other side of the room, the boys were chatting. I saw some seventh years even glance at the girls and wink. Gross, usually I wouldn't really care about a stupid school dance. But this time I felt strange like something had changed my perspective. I looked up to the other side of the room making eye contact with Fred. He looked back with a blank expression. Sure his eyes were looking at me but everything else was off. Like he didn't care at all.

     How come I want him to care? I felt heat crawling over my face as I placed my hands to my sides in fists of frustration. Why am I getting so worked up about this? He isn't obligated to care about this just because I suddenly care about it. Mcgonagall kept speaking but I wasn't listening. I was looking down at my hands which I had pulled on to my lap. I tried fiddling and twirling my thumbs to keep me calm. I look back up and see the twins talking. I couldn't hear them well but it was something about baboons, weirdos.

      The day did have a good turn to it though when I looked up to find that Mcgonagall had gotten Ron out of his seat to practice the waltz. "Now place your hand on my waist." Mcgonagall instructed. Ron's face had fallen into embarrassment and udder confusion "What?" He asked, looking back into the crowd of students. She grabbed his hand a placed it on her waist, earning some laughs in the room.

Time skip to the next class

We were gathered in the great hall again for some sort of class. We were assigned to write about what we had been learning in class for the past few weeks, you think it would be easy but of course Snape has to show up and ruin it. Recently if kids had started getting of task he would smack them in the head with a book. How is that okay? Well, other than that I was placed in between Hermione and Ginny as usual but the twins were sitting a couple people down from us. I was peacefully writing about what I have been learning in flying class when Ginny tapped my arm. I looked up at her and she pointed towards Ron and the twins who seemed to be having a discussion. "Who are you going with them?" Ron whispered tossing a piece of paper to Fred. My heartbeat instantly increased in speed. I'm not sure why I am nervous, he hasn't even mentioned the ball at all. Ginny started tapping continuously on my shoulder till I looked back at her. She had raised her eyebrows and started making fake shocked faces towards at me. I brushed her hand off my shoulder and chuckled as I looked back at Fred, I saw that he had crumpled up the paper into a ball and was scanning the table.

He looked at me for a couple seconds. His expression blank yet so perplexed. The state felt so powerful, I don't know how to explain it but what made my emotions spreed like wild fire was when his eyes passed and he threw the paper at Angelina. He mouthed "Do you want to go to the ball with me?" George made eye contact with me he had a confused expression on his face along side Lee and some other students. Angelina nodded back "Yes." as she gave him a cheerful smile. I don't know what came over me, it could have been sadness or anger but whatever the emotion was it told me that I had to get out there. So, I quickly wrote out my last sentence in my notebook and handed it to Snape. It was weird, he had a smirk on his face. He could probably tell that I was upset and I don't think anything makes Snape more happy than a child in misery. As I made my way out of the great haul the sound of my footsteps were the loudest thing in the room causing other students to look at me.

    I'm guessing my exit was a sign to Ginny and Hermione to wrap up their studies and follow me back to my dorm. Once I had finally got out of the great hall and into the hallway I felt Ginny tug on my sleeve. I turned around to see Hermione and Ginny with overwhelmed expressions on their faces. Eyes slightly blown out to show that they were shocked and appalled at what they had witnessed and Hermione had pursed lips indicating that she was thinking about how to go about the situation. I felt the tears start to well up in my eyes as I kept staring back at them not knowing how to respond.

    They probably kept staring at me because they expected to say something. I tried to bottle up the tears as best as I could but I knew it would be no use once the first tear ran down my cheek. Hermione had gently grabbed my wrists and said "Are you okay?" I could see groups of people staring at us and whispering to their friends. "I'd rather talk about this once we get to the dorms." I whispered.

   Thank you guys son much for 12k reads! It is honestly amazing to see how many people read and like my fics. It makes me so happy to see your comments. I hope you are still enjoying the story and I will try to get back to you guys sooner as we get closer and closer to  the Yule Ball.