Chapter Twentey

Scarlet’s POV~

When the sound of the scream filled our ears, we all froze. I knew that scream. It was one of my bestest friends’. Mackenzie. Without even thinking, everyone grabbed a flashlight and we raced to find the source of the scream.

We all ran close, not wanting to lose the other.

“Where are they?” Miranda panted.

The scream had stopped and now we didn’t know which way to go.

I quickly came to a halt, making Niall crash into me. “Sorry.” I apologized.  

“Why did you stop?” He asked.

“Do you hear that?”

“What?” Zayn started moving the flashlight around him.

“That.” And then the sound came a little louder. It was Louis’ voice. He was saying something like “stop.”

“I think it’s that way.” Shayna pointed to the left and we followed her deeper into the darkness.

“Louis? Mackenzie?” Harry shone his flashlight around. He passed by a figure and Dezi was quick to notice it.

“Wait!” she grabbed his wrist and positioned the light over the two figures on the floor.

“Louis! Mackenzie!” I was overjoyed to see them again. I ran over to them but Louis’ weak voice stopped me.

“no! Scarlet, don’t come any closer…”

I then noticed something. Why hadn’t I noticed it before? It was so damn obvious! There was a pool of blood around them. The flashlights were crap so I couldn’t see them properly but I could see that Mackenzie’s legs were covered in cuts. Louis was holding her close to him.

“She passed out.” He answered everyone’s silent questions. “There’s a guy, Hunter, “he said the name with a shudder. “He-he did this.” Louis himself wasn’t in good shape. He kept whispering so you couldn’t really understand him. And he looked very weak but it looked like he was holding it all together just for Mac. AWW!

“Where is he?” Liam demanded.

“I…he…went somewhere. Said he’d be back soon”

“This is bad. This is really bad” Liam kept repeating.

“When do you think she’ll wake up?” Miranda gestured towards Mac.

Louis shrugged then winced. “I don’t know. But you might want to keep your voices down. And turn off those flashlights. He might find you and I don’t want what happened to us to happen to you too.”

“But we’re not leaving without you.” Zayn stated.

We nodded and Louis had a smile on his face. Liam went to help lift the passed out Mac in his arms while Harry and Niall went to help support Louis. The rest of us held the flashlights and led the way.

“We’re going to have to find more medical stuff.” I said. “There isn’t enough in the little first aid kit we found last time for Shayna.”

“Yeah. I’ll go find that with Scarly”

“Scarly?” I raised an eyebrow at the Irish boy walking next to me.

He shrugged. “Felt like it.”

“Guys, what if he comes back?” Louis asked weakly. I could tell he was scared out of his mind.

“We got to do something to prevent him from coming near us.” Dezi said.

We all agreed. We turned a right and then a left until we saw light coming from upstairs.

“Finally! Light!” Louis gushed.

We went upstairs and straight to one the bed place where we were currently using to sleep.

Setting the two injured on the beds, Niall and I headed in search for more medical stuff.

“Where the fucks are we supposed to find medicine stuff?” Niall muttered.

“Well if you don’t know where they are, why did you volunteer for us to go look for them?” I asked him.

He shrugged. “Wanted to be alone I guess.”

“But I’m still here.”

He chuckled and I found myself grinning at him. “True, true. But I wanted to spend time with you.”

“You know, we are still trying to find some stuff so our friends won’t, you know, bleed to death!”

He laughed again and found a store with all the medical stuff was. Wow how convenient.

Mackenzie’s POV~

*still in coma*

Darkness. That’s all that surrounds me. The last thing I remember is Louis holding me close after Hunter left. What if I never see Louis again? What if I’m dead? I’ll never have the chance to tell Louis how I feel about him.

And Hunter. How did he find me? I thought I would never see him again. How did he even get inside the mall? He still looks the same as when I last saw him. Unruly dark hair and that crazed look in his eyes. What had it been? Seven years since I last saw him?  No, it was four. Four years ago was the last time I saw him.  And I thought I was away from him for good.

What will Louis think if he ever finds out? I still have the scars he gave me when I was eleven. But why do I care? Who cares what Louis thinks of me! I’m dead anyways. Right?