Chapter Twenty Six

Miranda's POV~
What did that bastard say? "Lucas stop lying." I glared at him then turned towards the others. "He's my ex! As in we broke up a year ago!"
"But, Miranda, I still love you." he took a step closer to me and I immedietly took one back.
"Well, I've moved on." I tried to make my voice sound as brave as I could.
I saw Lucas's eyes darken. "With who?" he raised an eyebrow.
I shook my head. If I told him I basically made out with Liam not even an hour ago, I was sure Lucas was going to kill him.
"Who. Is. It." he spoke through clenched teeth.
My eyes locked with Liam's. He knew what I was thinking. Liam slowly nodded, indicating that it was okay to tell them.
"I-"
But I was cut off by Dezi's screaming. "He's getting away! And he's got Kenzie with him!"
We all spun towards where Hunter was and sure enough he wasn't where he was two seconds ago. I saw a glimpse of blond hair by the door and that was followed by a muffled scream.
"Kenzie!" Louis yelled and ran out the door. Everyone followed but before I could move someone grabbed my arm.
"What is it Lucas?" I spat, turning towards him.
"You still didn't answer my question."
"I don't have to answer you after what you did to me!" I narrowed my eyes.
With the arm that wasn't clutching my arm, he nervously scratched  the back of his neck. "I'm really sorry about that. We were both drunk as hell."
"That's what they all say!" I felt my eyes watering but I wasn't going to let the tears fall. I wasn't going to cry in front of Lucas.
"Look, if it makes you feel any better, I broke it off with Stacy the minute you left. I took care of her. You won't ever hear from her again. I love you, and only you, Miranda"
I shook my head. "No. You don't get it. You caused me so much pain. I've finally moved on." The tears were now trailing down my cheeks. "you kept so many secrets from me. Stacy,the fact that your father raped my best friend!" I was yelling at him at this point. I tried to pull my arm out of his grip but it was no use. "Let go."
"Not until you tell me who you moved on with."
"She said to let go."  We both turned to the source of the voice, which just happened to be Liam. It had to be Liam.
"This has nothing to do with you." Lucas growled.
"I think it does." Liam stepped forward, closer to me. "I think it does. Now i want you to kindly remove your hands off my girlfriend."
I internally smiled and felt all warm when he called me his girlfriend, but the look on Lucas's face made that feeling shrivel up.
"Girlfriend?!" his bright blue eyes looked between me and Liam quickly as if calculating something. "Miranda,is this true?" I bit my lip when I saw the hurt look in his eyes. All I did was nod timidly. his eyes searched my face. All the memories of our past flashed through his once happy eyes. All our movie nights and our late night conversations, our kisses and the way we cuddled on cold days. And then the day everything came crashing down. The day I found out he was cheating on me with Stacy, one of the cheerleaders. To be honest, Lucas was right. Ever since the day I broke up with him, i hadn't ever heard of Stacy again. Ever.
This made me curious. "What happened to her?"
Lucas looked taken aback by the question that stopped our stare-off. "What?"
"Stacy. I haven't heard from her the day I broke up with you. What happened to her?"
Lucas looked uncomfortable and Liam narrowed his eyes a little at him. "She was the first victim."
At first, I was confused. what could he be talking about? But then realization than hit me like it was a massive truck and I was roadkill. Okay not the best metaphor but...anyways. His dad was a rapist. A psycho. "No. no, no, no" I kept repeating. "You gave her to him didn't you? Didn't you?!"
He looked down. "I didn't mean to. I was just angry at you, at myself at her, at everything. I just lost the girl I loved. So I invited her over and told her to stay in my room while I got something from the kitchen. I knew my dad was home, but I didn't care." He shifted his feet and took a shaky breath. His hands were in the pockets of his dark jeans. "I heard her screams. I heard her cry for my name, but I didn't move. Pretty soon her screams turned into whimpers and then they disappeared altogether." A tear slowly fell down his cheek and I was reminded of the sweet, caring boy I was once in love with. "I regret it so much. When I saw her body lying on the floor, lifeless..." he didn't continue. He kept looking down.
His grip on my arm loosened so I pulled it back. I didn't know what to say. "Lucas..." I started. But he didn't let me finish.
"After that, I never stopped. Whenever my dad would bring home another victim, I would never help her. I would stay in my room and listen to her screams. They were soothing. They would calm me. I never forgave myself. I practically killed someone and I hurt you. I hurt the girl I promised myself I would always protect. Eventually, I began to cut." He showed us his scars. "But it wasn't enough. So I started helping my dad. I brought in the girls for him. I stood outside the door and heard everything. I'm such a fucking coward. he was in there raping and killing so many innocent girls and all I could do was fucking listen."
My vision was blurry from the tears. I was crying and I couldn't stop. "You're not a coward, Lucas. You made some mistakes. You can fix them. I forgive you for what you did."
he raised his head and looking me directly in the eyes. "You what?"
"I forgive you. I'm not in love with you as I once was, but I'm still here for you. As a friend." Lucas seemed to cringe at the word 'Friend' but he smiled.
"Thank you." and he brought me into his warm embrace. I hugged him and smiled. When we pulled away, I looked back at my boyfriend and saw him smiling at the two of us.
"So now if I can, I'd like to introduce you to my boyfriend. Liam, this is Lucas. Lucas, this is Liam" they shook hands and smiled politely at each other. But there was a flicker of something in Lucas's eyes. I don't know what, though.
Everything seemed perfect. I finally got everything cleared with my ex and my new boyfriend and my ex somewhat got along. But, then I remembered everything else. There was a rapist loose in the building and he had one of my best friends,and everyone was in danger.
Oh yeah, and we were still trapped inside this mall. Can't leave that bit out now can we?
_______________________________________________________________________-
helloooo sorry if this is a few days late but i had a lot of homework and stuffs to do! but anyways...
basically this was mostly a chapter so you can understand Miranda's and Lucas's past. so it's kinda like a filler?
I think i love Lucas..idk...i was just so into this chapter. but it's kind of weird that this character is named that because I actually know a Lucas and I knew him since kindergarten. awkward...
hope you like the chapter!!! i worked really hard on it :)
VOTE, COMMENT and FAN please? it means a lot!!