thirteen.

Derek unzipped the body bag Jackson was currently being stored in, Scott stopping him in protest, "Whoa, hold on a second. You said you knew how to save him-"

"We're past that," Derek cut him off.

"What about -"  Scott exclaimed, this time being silenced by Maeve opening the warehouse door with a slam.

"I'm here!" Maeve gasped, rushing over to the group, "I'm here!"

Derek held back his laugh as she hurried over, obviously just finishing her shift.  Peter on the other hand had no problem rolling his eyes.

"Think about it, Scott. Gerard controls him now. He's turned Jackson into his own personal guard dog. And he set all of this in motion so that Jackson could get even bigger and more powerful," Derek argued.

"No," Maeve blinked in surprise at her uncles presence, "No, he wouldn't do that. If Jackson's a dog, he's turning rabid, and my father wouldn't let a rabid dog live."

"Of course not," Maeve felt her blood run cold at Gerard's voice, " Anything that dangerous, that out of control... Is better off dead."

Derek went to swipe at Jackson's throat, but Jackson suddenly woke, digging his claws into Derek's stomach. Maeve gasped, freezing in shock as Jackson lifted Derek up into the air.

Maeve wanted to cry, somehow, despite Derek getting hurt way to often, Maeve couldn't get used to seeing it happen without her entire heart screaming.

Isaac held onto Maeve's arm, the detective smiled at him nervously, jumping back as Derek was suddenly tossed across the room.

"Well done to the last, Scott. Like the concerned friend you are, you brought Jackson to Derek to save him. You just didn't realise that you were also bringing Derek and Maeve to me."

Peter's eyes flashed protectively over at Maeve, Chris' sudden intake of breath told Maeve he knew nothing of this.  Isaac pushed Maeve behind him, and just as she'd moved, an arrow flew over, shooting Isaac in the shoulder.

"Isaac!"

Maeve rushed to help Isaac down to the ground, not noticing her cousins presence, too occupied with pulling the arrow from Isaac's shoulder. A full battle broke out  by the time Maeve had gotten Isaac up, and for the first time in ages, Maeve fully transformed, joining them in fighting back.

_

Maeve winced as Jackson threw her against another wall, looking through her shaky vision to check Derek was okay. Chris caught her before she stumbled.

Glancing up at her uncle, Maeve smiled, "Thanks."

"Allison!"

Maeve whirled around, stumbling  forward in shock at Allison standing over Derek, a knife pointed at him. This time it was Peter to step forward and hold her back.

"Not yet, sweetheart." Gerard called over to his granddaughter, Maeve and Chris tensing as Jackson grabbed onto Allison's neck.

"What are you doing?" Allison cried, struggling in Jackson's hold.

"He's doing what he came here to do," Scott realised.

"Then you know," Gerard replied.

"What's he talking about?" Allison looked around in confusion, only to be met with confused faces.

"It was the night outside the hospital, wasn't it, when I threatened your mother.  I knew I saw something in your eyes. You could just smell it, couldn't you?"

"He's dying," Isaac realised, Maeve and Derek looked to each other in complete confusion.

The thought of Gerard dying made Maeve smile, in some stick twisted revenge type way. She knew it was what he deserved.