.six

"So kanimas are giant lizards?"

"No - well, yes."

Noah blinked slowly down at the PowerPoint Stiles and Maeve had put together, it was artfully done, he gave them that, but it probably wasn't the best way to spend Maeve's maternity leave.

Stiles had taken up watching over Maeve, despite unnecessary, whilst Derek was gone. Whilst Maeve reminded her brother that Derek hadn't just disappeared off the face of the world, Stiles still acted like Derek was a missing person.

Maeve and Stiles shared an exasperated look as Noah continued, "And alpha packs? I thought you had one alpha. Derek's your alpha. And what does refer to page 10 on toenails mean?"

"Okay, maybe this was a bad way of explaining things," Maeve interrupted, "Crazy as it all sounds, it's all pretty much true."

Noah frowned, "Pretty much true?"

"We're not quite sure if Deaton's a wizard yet," Stiles added awkwardly.

Noah sat back on the couch, holding his head in his hands, "The town vet is a witch?"

"Emissary," Maeve corrected causing Noah to look at her blankly.

"Witch," Stiles argued, "Wait, wouldn't he be a wizard?"

"He's not a witch!" Maeve exclaimed, glaring at Stiles irritably, "Or a freaking Wizard!"

Noah held his arm out as a barrier between the siblings, "Alright, I got it! Maeve, your blood pressure. Stiles, don't irritate your sister."

Maeve and Stiles both sat back with matching scowls, Noah sighed as he shook his head, whilst they weren't children anymore they certainly could act like it.

"Having bonding time with our niece does not include boy hunting, Laura," Cora scolded, sitting beside Luna as they munched on a cone of ice-cream each.

With Kieran and Dean away with Derek, Laura, in a jealous rant, decided a girls day was the only way to not feel left out. Now Cora and Luna realised their mistake in agreeing.

Laura carefully scanned the park, her gaze settling on a group of guys jogging, "I am merely observing, Cora."

"Auntie Laura can never get a boyfriend," Luna told Cora in a whisper, "There was uncle Jamie, but he got married to auntie Mara."

Cora had no issues settling back in with her family, Luna was a surprising addition but one welcomed with open arms.

Laura glared at the two of them, "I can get a boyfriend! Not that I need one, I am an independent woman."