Chapter 11

I groan when I feel something hitting the back of my neck for the thousandth time.

Making me want to strangle my new friend, who doesn't seem to be bothered by my death glare which I am sending in their way.

Lina spends most of the time at the store and by doing anything she finds interesting. She actually helps me with a lot of things, sometimes she deals with customers and makes them buy things even which they don't need. When the first time she did this, I was completely shocked.

But I am not complaining at all, after all, who doesn't like to make money, right?

The sales of my shop have also been increased since Lina has started to hang here which is not surprising again. Because most of the guys just come here to buy stuff just to see Lina, honestly, which really annoys me but she uses this as her advantage.

However, today she decided to entertain herself by throwing pebbles at me which she collected from the beach earlier this morning.

"Stop it!" I glare at her.

"You are ignoring me." She glares back and now she throws the pebble directly at my chest after she finishes signing the words.

"I am not ignoring. I am working." I roll my eyes at her while continuing to organize the stuff.

"There is no work." She signs, as frown forms on her lips, "And I am bored." She lightly slaps both of her cheeks and drags her hands down her face while sticking out her bottom lip.

Her face makes me lightly laugh. But the puppy dog eyes, she has been giving me obviously works making me sigh defeatedly.

Looking around the store, I run my fingers through my hair. She is right, today has been a bit slow and there is not much work at the store.

"Okay, do you have anything in mind?" Raising my eyebrows questioningly at her, I ask.

I hope nothing embarrassing comes to her mind, because from the small-time which I have known her anything is possible when it comes to her.

Biting her lower lip, she stares at the ground as a small dent form between her brows. Slowly a smile starts to appear on her face as her eyes light up with excitement as she glances at me.

"So?" I expectantly look at her, knowing that something has come up in her mind.

Please, God! Nothing embarrassing. I send a silent prayer sensing her excitement.

"Surfing." She jerks her thumb towards the surfing boards, in the corner of the store, pivoting on her heels back and forth.

Suddenly, my throat feels dry as my hands become sweaty.

"I...um...I don't think that is a good idea." I instantly get nervous thinking about surfing. "I haven't surf since the accident. I am afraid I can do that anymore." My voice quietens at the end and the painful memories of the time when I could surf flashes before my eyes.

"Jason." She sighs and takes my hand in her hand, her gesture feels comforting which slightly lessens the pain that is slowly gripping my heart. "We are going for surfing, and you will surf." She nods at me with a reassuring smile. I read her lips without any difficulty like I can clearly hear her words.

The more I spend time with her, reading her lips are getting easier than it already was. Sometimes when she speaks, sign language doesn't even seem necessary.

"Look at me, I haven't surf since..." She scrunches her face in thinking, "Since I was born." She laughs and shrugs.

Sometimes, I wish I could hear her laugh. I want to know does it sounds as beautiful as she looks when she laughs. She is not the most beautiful girl, but there is something about her that makes her beautiful than everyone. Her beauty shines from inside.