Chapter 27

Something is not right with Lina, I don't know what it is but she is behaving a little weirdly. Although normally also she is weird, still this is different.

She didn't stay for long, even though I offered her that we can go for a walk or just hang out on the beach. She never says no to the beach, so when she refused to go it just confirmed my doubt that surely something is going on with her. It just felt like she is just trying to run away from me.

But what has suddenly happened that she is behaving this way?

Maybe I am coming on too strong, that is making her uncomfortable.

I feel irritated because I am not liking the way she is acting around me... I love it when she is being herself and speaks whatever is in her heart. But today it was clear that she's hiding something.

Her eyes were not showing what she's trying to show with her smile... her eyes seemed dull. The sparkle which her eyes usually have was missing.

The more I think about it... the more I feel annoyed. I just want to know what's going on with her because she doesn't seem okay and if she is not going to tell me then how will I able to help her?

"Nick, hand me the screwdriver which is to your right." I extend my hand while holding the shelf with the other which is shaking a little.

When he doesn't respond, I turn my head to look at him and frown when he is looking at me with his mouth hanging open.

"What?" I frown, feeling irritated when he doesn't move and keeps looking at me like an idiot, "Hand me with a screwdriver."

"Who pissed in your coffee today?" He makes a face as he slaps the screwdriver in my hand.

"Fuck off!" I grunt, then turning my head around I start working on tightening the screws of the shelve which have loosened.

"What happened?" Nick places his hand on my arm, forcing me to look at him as he mouths the word.

"I don't want to talk about it." Pushing his hand away, I start working on other screws, but then the screwdriver is snatched from my hand as again Nick turns me around.

"Nick, don't irritate me, I am already annoyed." I shake my head.

"If you are not going to tell me, what is bothering you then how will I be able to sort out your problem?" He signs.

"This is what she needs to understand." I throw up my hands in the air in frustration, "She should talk to me, instead of pretending that nothing is wrong."

"Who?" He asks looking confused.

"Lina." I roll my eyes, "Who else?"

"She is acting strangely, like not actually strangely... she is behaving like herself, but she is pretending..." I try to explain to him, as Lina's fake smile comes to my mind, "Are you getting me?"

"You like her?" He raises his eyebrows.

"Of course, I like her." I frown, why he is suddenly asking me this? "She is my friend, so why will I not like her?" I shrug placing my hands in my pockets.

Shaking his head at me, he mutters something quietly which neither I am able to understand nor my watch could catch the words.

"C'mon." He lightly taps my shoulder nodding his head to the front of the shop as some customers come inside, "Let's get back to work."

Taking a deep breath I slowly exhale trying to relax with some calm deep breaths as I walk to deal with the customers. I just hope they are here to buy something, not to just waste my time.