Chapter 31

I don't know why the hell I am behaving like a creep, but I can't stop myself from silently admiring her as she lounges on the seat soaking in some sun.

She is quite simple, nothing like the girls I have met in my life. I never had any history with girls, as Jessica was the only girl whom I have dated. Most of the girls' friends I had were because of Jessica as she has a big group of friends. She always loved being surrounded by people who liked and followed her. However, none of the girls were like Lina, she is just different from them... actually she is different from everyone.

She still has that child-like innocence inside her eyes, yet there is a certain matureness in her.

My attention again turns to Lina who is looking extremely relaxed as she lays on her back facing the sun, while a satisfied smile is resting on her lip. Normally I would have hated to disturb her, but since revenge is on my mind, I see this as a perfect opportunity for payback.

Silently, I walk towards her. For a moment, I just gaze her but before I drop the idea of revenge becoming the victim of her innocent face, I lightly tap her knee. She opens her eyes and looks at me slightly squinting her eyes.

Confusion spreads over her features as she glances at me, however, before she can ask me anything I slip my one arm under her knees and the other behind her back and pick her up.

"What are you doing?" She moves her arm around my neck as she clutches me tightly.

"I am going to do something which will make you scream," I smirk when I notice a tinge of pink spreading over her face.

Ah, not so innocent I see.

Deciding to continue playing with her since she is the one who started this by teasing me earlier. Leaning my face down, I run my nose on the side of her face and bite my smile when I feel her gasp as her body goes completely still in my arms.

"Hold your breath," Moving my lips near to her ear, I whisper.

Then without any warning, I throw her in the water as she screams like crazy. Slapping my thighs I laugh as she comes up for air and splitters water.

She is fuming in anger when her eyes land over me, which makes me laugh even more.

"They say revenge is sweet, but I think revenge is salty." I point at her as she holds the corner of the boat and wipes water from her face.

"You are an ass." She glares at me while trying to climb the boat.

Taking a deep breath, I control my laughter as holding her hand I pull her up.

"You like this ass and made him your friend." I press my lips together pretending to look innocent.

She mumbles something under her breath and walks around me.

But when I turn around a pair of hands harshly push me making me lose my balance as I fall into the water. Quickly, I swim upwards and gasps for air. My eyes raise up exactly the moment when I watch Lina jumping in the water while shouting what seems like the word cannonball.

Taking a deep, I flip and swim underwater to find her swimming towards me. We both come up for air at the same time, and we smile stupidly at each other.

"Although, I did plan for snorkeling, this is was never on my mind." I disclose my plan, "But I think this is more fun than that."

Holding the corner of the boat, I keep myself afloat as with the other hand I keep Lina above the water by gripping her waist.

"Then let's go and explore the underwater world." She abruptly kisses my cheek completely taking me by surprise while my heart does a crazy flip inside my chest, and then winking at me she dives underwater.