Chapter 38

Song comes to an end, as Jessica lightly squeezes my arm as we stop moving. She looks at me while a bittersweet smile plays on her lips.

"Is there any second chance for us?" she asks, while her eyes glisten with unshed tears.

Instead of replying, I hold her face in my hands and kiss her forehead because I know I can't give her the answer which she wants to hear.

"I guess, I got my answer." She smiles while a tear slips from her eyes, which I gently wipe with my thumb.

"You will find someone who will love you for who you are." I smile at her, "But that someone can never be me because..." I let out a breath and shrug.

"Because you love her." She raises her eyebrows with a knowing smile.

"Yeah, because I love her." I nod my head with a chuckle. "I love Lina." Accepting this out loud stirs an unknown feeling of happiness inside me.

"Somewhere I already knew this when the first time I saw you with her, but I wasn't ready to accept it." She sighs and bites her lower lip. "Because even after breaking up, I thought you were mine."

"Lina is the one for me. She changed me, she made me feel complete." I smile while thinking about her, "She connected me with myself. She taught me to love again, something which I thought was impossible for me."

"I don't know what hurts the most, realizing that you don't love me or knowing that I had never been able to become the one who she became in your life." She presses her lips together, "your strength."

"I am sorry, Jase, for leaving your hand when you needed me the most." Holds my hands in hers, "I am sorry for never been able to give you the same love which you have given me. I was selfish, and only thought about myself, but when I have realized my mistake I know it's too late. Because now your heart belongs to someone else, someone who truly deserves your love."

"Now don't waste any more time, and tell her what you feel about her. Before Caleb decides to beat you and sweep her off her feet with his charming smile." She laughs cleaning her face with the back of her hand, "You rival is your own brother, so watch out." She jokes as she points at Caleb who dancing with Lina as both are laughing probably making fun of something.

I laugh along with her, then I pull her into a hug.

"Thank you, Jessica." I lean away from her, "I know things didn't work between us, but always remember I will be always there for you if you will need me as your friend."

"I know, and I am grateful for that and everything which you have done for me."

She smiles and kisses my cheek, and I know this is goodbye.

********************************************************

I search for Lina, but I don't see her anywhere. I find Nick talking to some of our friends, and I walk to him to ask about her. I remember she was hanging out with him so maybe he knows where she is.

However, the moment I reach there, I see Caleb storming towards us while his eyes are red with tears. Instantly, Nick and I go towards him because we know something is not right. The last time I have seen Caleb crying was when I woke up from my accident, so if he is crying that means something big has happened.

"I am not going to leave them," He speaks while anger seeps into his features.

"Hey, kid, relax and tell us what has happened?" Nick places a hand on his shoulder and shares a look with me.