An Afternoon of Questions and Thinking

When I was on the plane, I woke up and saw a television that was smaller than a normal TV. The show was called 'The Model and the Runway'. There, several girls ramped on the runway featuring designer clothes. Hundred dollar worth coats were seen, even the famous actress Lavinia McMurtry was there, she couldn't hide her joy on seeing those stuff. After a commercial break, the show finally announced that Lavinia was there. She walked up the stage, told everybody she wanted the coats and stockings, actually everything! She even offered $5 million just for those designer clothing! If I were there and I was famous, I should have offered $1 for a stocking! You see, they were old fashioned, simple but designer quality, ugly and most of all, they were cheap-looking! They looked like the stitched rugs the street kids sold!

   Anyway(how many times have I said this in this story?), I just looked over the window, admiring the wonderful and elegant landscapes of the new world, thinking that it may be better with Uncle Martin. But I remember that there was no technological service there, that means 'No electricity, no life.'! I would die of sleeping there with no electric fans and light bulbs! How did he live there, where did he get his drinking water, how did he bathe, how did he call us? So many questions about his living, but I would love to be with him, he is nice, friendly and handsome. But he will never like my attitude, especially being a spoiled kid when I was born until the other day. Mom knew that her brother had the opposite attitude of mine, so she may have thought I need a lesson. But she shouldn't have made fun of me, especially after her making me wear my school uniform to travel.

   Suddenly, a flight attendant interrupted me from my thinking, giving me a butter cake and a glass of iced tea. Politely, I managed to say 'Thank you.', even though I didn't like people interrupting me from my activity. The stewardess said, "You're welcome, ma'am Elaine." She even smiled at me. I was so surprised of her calling me another person, although I liked the idea of calling me a good name. "Excuse me, I am not Elaine, I am Mia Walters." I rudely replied. "Pardon me ma'am Mia, you look like my daughter who passed away, I miss her so much. "Sorry." She began to cry. Of course, my conscience reminded me to say 'Sorry', too. I didn't, because I was spoiled, knowing that I could do everything anywhere. "I must leave you now ma'am." She was trembling. "Go on!" I was angry(half angry, half worried). She went running. I was so embarrassed.