Chapter 9 (Alex's Pov)

I stood in front of a man in a tux, holding each other's hands. A priest stood next to us, rambling on about. "And do you, Alexander, take your lawful husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?" I looked up to see the man I was supposedly marrying, expecting to see John, but see...

"Tommy?" I questioned. The tall Virginian looked down at my eyes, his hazel orbs holding love and care. "Yes, darlin'?" The name sent small shivers down my spine. "I... I love you." I mumbled before looking at the priest. "I do." I saw Jefferson grin widely and I shared the wide grin. "I pronounce you husband and husband. You may now kiss your beloved." I leaped into his arms and our lips barely connected when...

I woke up. I groaned out of disappointment, forgetting Jefferson was next to me, who was now playing with my hair. "Well good morning or afternoon-ish dar-Hamilton." I frowned, I was double disappointed. "Aw, what's wrong?" He cooed, but I just burrowed my head into his chest. "Hm, you weren't like this yesterday." He said happily, causing me to giggle.

     "We should do something tomorrow," I say. "Like what?" He asks, twirling my hair around his fingers. "I don't know, maybe go to a nice restaurant, picnic, just something nice we can do together." I reply, putting my arm on the side of his torso." He shrugs, "I suppose we can do a movie night and go out somewhere nice for dinner tomorrow since we got college and all."
"Your the best," I blurted. "I know." He replied, putting his chin on my head.

•~•

We eventually got out of bed, prepping for movie night. I popped some popcorn while Tommy got all the comfy blankets and pillows. I pull out a big soda bottle and place it on the coffee table with the popcorn and two cups. "Disney classics or some random movie that has Adam Sandler in it?" Tommy asks, scrolling through Netflix. "Disney." I simply reply, sitting down next to him, putting a pillow on my lap.

Thomas grabs a blanket and puts it on my shoulders, slightly covering my arms. I mumbled thanks before eating a handful of popcorn. We decided on Bolt, huddling next to each other as we watch. I eventually pass out on Tommy's arm. I've had the best time with Thomas than Laurens.

Maybe I've been in the wrong love boat after all.