Chapter 19 (Alex's Pov)

I instantly cling to the tall Virginian, feeling him stiffen under my hold. Surely though he relaxed, hugging back. Oh god did I miss this. My phone buzzed. I slip it out of my pocket and see a text from Laf.

———————————
French_Baguette
———————————

French_Baguette: Petit Lion! John is in the hospital!

———————————

My eyes grow wide. "Thomas, John is in the hospital!" I screech out. I immediately grab his hand and run out the building. We get in my car and we drive to the hospital. Thomas looked tense, his eyes filled with dread. We eventually got to the hospital and run inside and see the receptionist. "For John Laurens?" I tell the woman. "Room 38," She replied. I mumble a thank you and speed walk to the room, Thomas trailing behind.

     I enter the room, seeing John on a hospital bed. Several stands of mysterious liquids were hooked onto him. He looked over and smiled. I ran up to him and held his hand. "Oh my goodness, are you okay?" He simply nodded. "I've lost my voice though..." he signed. I began to cry slightly, hugging John for dear life. "Mon ami?" Lafayette mumbled, walking up from behind me. I didn't move though, still hugging John. He eventually let's go. "I think we should break up... I'm sorry," he signed.
"Why?"
"Would you really want to talk to a voiceless person? A now paralyzed person from the waist down who can't talk?"
"John! I'd walk to the ends of the earth just to be with you!"
"Yeah, but I might die someday. My time is coming near... even though I'm like 23."
I chuckle, "Still. I'd still be with you..."

     "John! My goodness, are you okay!?" James rushes in, standing next to me. "Yeah, I'm fine..." John signs. "Can...can I have a moment with him?" I nod, leaving the room with Lafayette.

•~Agent John's Pov~•

     Tears escape James's eyes as he stares at me, his eyes coated with compassion and... love?
"What's wrong?" I sign.
"I told you... something bad was gonna happen..." He mumbled, his voice cracking. "James... why are you crying?" He mumbles something, but I couldn't hear. "Sorry, say it again?" I sign. Again he mumbled, but a little bit louder than before. I sigh, "Just a little louder please."

"It's because... I like you..." He finally says clearly. I smile, "Well, why didn't you say that before?"
"I was afraid I was gonna get rejected, since you liked Alex and stuff..."
"So you lied about liking Thomas?"
"Well... not exactly..."
"So you still like him?"
"Maybe just a little..." James looked away, hugging himself. I signed him to come closer and he did, shuffling his feet.

"So what will happen if I do this?" I sign, sitting up a little. He looked very confused then immediately turned red when I reached out and carefully held his face and leaned it closer to mine but stopped, our lips barley making contact.
He growled a little and closed the gap between our lips, surprising me a little. I lean into it though, enjoying the passionate kiss. He hesitantly pulled away, his face red as a tomato. "I'm... I... I'm sorry... your s-still with Alex... I'm sorry..." he stuttered. "You look cute when you blush," I sign, smirking.
"J-J-John!"
"You're even cuter when you stutter."