Chapter 22 (Thomas's Pov)

So this is how death feels like. I see nothing but black. Endless room of black. I can't touch or move. All I could see is black and all I hear is nothing. That is until...

"Mister Jefferson," a voice says.
"Y-yes?" I ask.
"Do you take your lawful husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?"
"W-What?" I mumble, watching the black crumble away, revealing a wedding. I was in a suit, which was very fancy, and a small man stood in front of me with the same looking suit.

     "A-Alex?" The small man looked up, flashing me a goofy grin. "Yes, Tommy?" He said happily. The nickname sent shivers down his spine. I've never seen this man so happy as right now. "I love you," I mumble to him, his already big grin becoming wider. "I do." The priest said the same thing to Alex and he said I do too. "I pronounce you husband and husband," the priest finally announced, "You may now kiss your beloved." Alexander leaped onto me and when our lips barely touched when-

     I woke up. My eyes fluttered open, revealing a hospital room. I was in one of those hospital gowns in a hospital bed, bandages on my arms. What happened? "Thomas?" Alex asked, sitting up from his chair. I stared at the clearly disheveled man, bags under his eyes. I sat up slightly, my head swirling. I groan, rubbing my head. "You okay To-Thomas?" I nod. We sat in uncomfortable silence for a little, until I spoke up. "I'm sorry..." I mumble, twirling my thumbs.
"For what?"
"For everything! I cheated on you, I broke your heart, I left you, I made you worry about me, I made you stay up, I-" I choked out, uncontrollable sobs taking over my voice. Alexander just hugged me while I sobbed on his shoulder. I'm such a burden. I don't deserve him. He doesn't love me.

"Calm down... it's ok... I forgive you."
"...but why?"
"Why? Why do I forgive you?" He asks, pulling away. He gingerly holds my cheeks, rubbing away the salty tears with his thumbs. "It's because I love you."
"You do?"
"I do," suddenly bells began to chime. "Oops, sorry it's my alarm," Alex says, pulling out his phone and turning it off. "So what does it mean for us?" I hesitantly ask.
"If I want, will you be my boyfriend?" My eyes begin to water again. Alex's smile drops, concern filling his eyes. "Don't cry! I-I'm so-"
"YES!" I screech, pulling him into a kiss. He jumped a little but then melts into it, kissing me back. We stay like that for a minute. I finally pull away, a grin making its way on my face. "I'll walk to the ends with you, no matter the cost," he confirmed, leaning onto my chest.

"I love you, Tommy."

"I love you too darlin'."