Chapter 3 (Alex's Pov)

I sit on my bed, reading the abundance of post-it notes that were stashed in my bag. I smile at a particular one, the four words holding worry. Somebody cares. 4:56. Maybe I should shower. I grabbed a towel and went into the bathroom, did my stuff, and went back into my room. 5:04. I've got time, but I'd get ready right now.

I pull on a pair of blue jeans and a green hoodie I really liked. I laid on my bed again, sifting through the mountain of post-its in my bag. 'You are amazing', 'I love how you talk passionately about something', 'I miss your singing. You should sing more'. Heh, I love that one. 5:47. I should be heading down there.

I hastily put on my pair of black converses and head out to the Starbucks. The smell of coffee overpowered everything, the room buzzing with people. Luckily I found a booth in the corner. I slip into the booth and stare out the window, which had small water drops on it. Buzz. I pull out my phone.

———————
Jeffershit
———————

Jeffershit: You here?

Hamilshit: Yeah, corner booth next to the window

Jeffershit: I see ya

———————

I look up to see the Virginian slip into the seat in front of me, his wool sweater vibrant magenta. I've never seen him with glasses but it suits him. "Soooo, Whatcha wanna talk about?" He said, studying the café. It wasn't much of astonishment, it was just a normal Starbucks. "Did you really mean those? Those compliments?"

He looked back at me and blinked. "Of course why wouldn't I?" His hazel eyes were full of excitement. Why? "Why did you give them to me?" He merely shrugged, "I just saw you were sad and I wanted you to feel happy, or at least feel something other than sad." He smiled. Huh, Thomas out of everyone I know. "Anything else?" The Virginian asked. "I guess that should-"

Then the café was filled with the sound of thunder.

I jumped at the sound, my body shaking. He stared at me, his eyes becoming painted with concern. I probably look so defenseless. "Are you alright?" the Virginian asked, his tone laced with worry. I didn't reply. I wasn't there anymore. The scent of the beach filled my senses. The ocean could be heard from the distance. I was somewhere familiar, then it hit me.

     A wave crashed down on me. I tried to resurface, but waves of the salty water kept on pushing me down. "Alexander!" A voice cried out. The voice sounded like my brother, James. The voice came closer, then a pair of arms pulled up to the surface. "James!" I exclaimed, catching my breath. Before he could respond, another wave hit us, knocking us both down onto the floor.

     He back swam up, me in his arms and eventually reached the surface again, gasping for air. We started to drift away from each other, farther than an arms reach. Another wave hit again, and this time I have no help. I flailed, trying to reach the surface. I failed, sinking to the bottom. "Alexander! Alex!" He cried out. "Alexander!"