Chapter 13 (Thomas's Pov)

I jolt awake, my body shaking. I look across the room, seeing the empty bed. Is he ok? Where is he? Hopefully he's with someone safe. I should text him. I squint at my phone, the light blinding me. 7:41. It's too early, but I want to know if he's ok. I burst into tears, putting my face in my hands. Oh my Mac, please make sure my Hammy is ok. "I just couldn't say no..." I choked out. A knock rapped at the door, causing me to run to it. I swing the door open, only to be disappointed and see James.

     "Oh... hey." I mumbled softly. "You done messed up Thomas. I thought you liked Alex?" He said. "I know! I know... I just... I was... I was caught in the moment. I know that's not a e-excuse, but... but I r-really didn't w-want to do it, b-but... but I c-c-could have said n-no..." I rambled on. More tears rolled out, I choked on my words more. I rambled until my words became sobs. James hugged me, rubbing circles onto my back. "...It's my fault! My fault! I could have said no, but I... b-but I-I..." I choked out, my words becoming into mush again. I wish I said no.

•~Agent John's Pov~•

     I held the recorder, Thomas's words and sobs spewing out of it. Earlier, James went to Thomas's dorm, a small recorder on his collar. He went to confront Thomas about the night before, wondering if he was sorry or not. Alex, James, and I listened to the recording, Alex crying his eye out. His eyes were filled with longing and forgiveness as he listened to the sobbing Thomas.

     Alex didn't know about our jobs, but we told him the recorder was just a thing I bought, but it was really a device from Satellite Wishes™️. Alexander seemed to have calmed down as the recording ended, wiping the remaining tears away. "So he does care..." he sniffles softly. I sigh as I turn off the recorder. "You ready to confront him?" He nodded, still slightly sniffing.

•~•

     We stood in front of Thomas's- no, their dorm. Alex gripped onto my hand, making my heart flutter slightly. Oh, did I miss those days. He knocked on the door, said door almost immediately swung open, revealing the tall Virginian who had red puffy eyes and tear-stained cheeks. He eyes went wide as he saw Alex. "Oh gosh," he mumbled, "your breaking up with me aren't you? Look I'm sorry..." he looked down at his feet, fresh tears rolling down his cheeks. "What? No!" Alex exclaimed, letting go of my hand. I whimper silently, whining from the lack of contact. Thomas looked up and at Alex, his eyes wide. "You aren't...? But what about-"

     "I forgive you." Alex said plainly, giving a simple smile. Thomas's lips curled into a grin and jumped up and down slightly. His eyes were filled with excitement. Alex merely laughed, kissing the bouncing Virginian. My heart broke as I watch them as they leaned into the kiss. It lasted for a while. Then they pulled away, staring dreamily into each other's eyes. "I really must go... enjoy your new boyfriend." I muttered before walking away. I let the tears that I was holding back roll down my cheeks. He looks happier. If that's what he wants, that's ok. At least he's happy.