Chapter 22: Making Plans

Mid week of first semester exams already and Kareena was on her break before she wrote her second paper for the day, she read through her notes whilst munching on a sandwich when she received a text from her sister, "Let's grab something to eat after your paper", Kareena swallowed the food in her mouth and replied, "Sure thing"

"Everything alright?" Zoe asked whilst joining with Mark

Kareena nodded, "Made plans with Maleah"

Zoe smiled, "It's about time you guys made up"

Kareena rolled her eyes, "She started it Zo..."

"Based on what you told me, it sounded like your sister was just looking out for you- besides how long could you possibly avoid her"

Kareena shrugged, "Been doing fine since it happened...in any case, she only decided to try and talk to me when the week started, so she was avoiding me since it happened as well"

"So why the sudden change in heart to see her?" Mark asked

Kareena looked at him

"If you don't mind me asking", he added

Kareena smiled, "I don't...I guess in a way she has been trying since Monday to talk to me and I've been blowing her off with one excuse or the other... Takes two to fix a problem so I may as well"

Zoe nodded and smiled

"Besides, our music exam is tomorrow and I'd like to avoid the awkwardness" Kareena added with a laugh

Mark laughed as well

Zoe shook her head playfully

*******

Liam had just gotten out of his second session exam on art history, he waited nearby for Rachel. A few minutes later, Renay excited the exam hall; she glanced at him before leaving. Another ten minutes passed and Rachel joined him, she tucked her question paper in her bag, "Ready to go?"

"Did Chris finish already?"

Rachel adjusted her bag and frowned at him, "Chris didn't write with us"

"What are you talking about? He would have had to write this paper with us, I just thought he came in later than we did"

Rachel shook her head, "I sit towards the front, I'd have seen him if he came in late"

Liam scratched his head, "Doesn't seem like a Chris thing to do, missing a paper"

Seth walked out of the exam hall and waited near the doorway, Liam watched him

Rachel broke the silence, "Maybe he isn't feeling well- I'll drop by his dorm room to check on him"

Liam faced her and nodded, "Let me know how he is, I'll try and stop by later on"

"You got it" Rachel said whilst leaving

Liam looked back to where Seth was and saw Cole with him now, they both started to leave and Liam did the same

*******

"How was your paper?" Maleah asked whilst Kareena joined her in the cafe

"Wasn't too bad, but I made a few silly mistakes" Kareena said whilst slinging her bag over the chair and sitting down

"I'm sure you'll do fine- in any case, I ordered you a hot chocolate so cheer up"

Kareena laughed and gave a grateful sigh

Maleah looked at her cell phone and put it away

"So..." Kareena started

"You've been avoiding me" Maleah said with a smile