22

maybe it was the alcohol in her system, or maybe the fact she hadn't gotten over yangyang yet, but he looked ethereal to her, like a forbidden fruit that she wanted but couldn't have

she followed him as he lead her to his bedroom, making sure no one saw them together, closing the door behind him.

the familiarity of the room warmed her heart, nothing had changed in the past five months since they had broke up.

the gaming system he had still sat in the far corner of his room, next to a huge window, the blinds pulled shut. his prized mayday poster was next to his bed still, some pictures of his family, host and real, were in frames on his desk and dresser, the frame of the picture of them was faced down. the puss in boots doll she had gotten him still sat in the middle of his bed.

he sat down on his gaming chair, letting her sit on his bed.

the familiarity of the scene was heart wrenching, him sitting at his desk, a smile on his face as he listened to her talk, and vise versa as she sat on his bed, leaning against the wall, swinging her legs ever so slightly.

"why have you been ignoring me?" yangyang asked softly.

jamie's world came crashing around her, the euphoria and bliss of being around him falling as she realized what had happened between the two of them. she was a dare, a challenge he couldn't pass up, he cheated on her on top of that.

that was enough to boil her blood.

"why am i avoiding you? why did you cheat on me? why did you accept me as a dare? why didn't you tell me earlier?" jamie retorted, crossing her arms over her chest.

"i-" yangyang stuttered, jamie cutting him off. confidence swarmed her as well as anger and thirst for the truth.

"no, stop! i am literally the most understand person you will ever meet. i would've played along, let you finish your dare. sure, i would've hated you, but i would've sucked it up. yangyang, when was the last time i ever did anything selfish that you've seen? i literally got a job just so we could move into a new apartment so my friend who attempted suicide could live with us and wouldn't have to be shipped back off to china!"

yangyang blinked in shock.

jamie stood up, glaring at him, "exactly. now are you going to give me answers or are we going to skip to the part where i smack you and then go get wasted with my friends to forget this even happened?"

yangyang stood up, "listen jimin, it was stupid. i shouldn't have accepted the dare, i shouldn't have not told you... but i genuinely enjoyed our time together! i ended the relationship way after i was supposed to! i only cheated for the first few months too-"