29

soft music was the only thing centering jamie at that moment

soft music was the only thing centering jamie at that moment. people were all around, in and out of the cafe, making her barely able to hear one of her favorite songs, spring love by eric nam and wendy from red velvet.

jaehyun claimed his spring playlist playing through the speakers was to raise moral and remind everyone his favorite season was coming up soon.

the date was february 13, a day before said male's birthday.

the unspoken wish he wanted for his birthday was lucas to come home, they all knew that.

however, it wasn't looking possible. it had been two weeks since lucas almost died for the second time in months.

the boys had been tip-toeing around the three js who were suffering the loss yet again of their mood maker.

the doctors said he should be healed and home by the end of the month, but his mental state had been so fragile, so much as a negatively connotative word freaked him out to the point of sedation at times.

lee jeno was still mia. he went to school, but avoided the boys and jamie like the plague, same with mark. this left jaemin, donghyuck, and jamie to meet up often at their favorite frozen yogurt place and to eat their feelings. the owners were pleased with the business, but also concerned with the deprecating stock, so it wasn't long before the three were kicked out.

their new spot was the starbucks where jaehyun and jamie worked.

donghyuck and jamie stared at jaemin in repulsion as he straight up drank a shot of espresso, jaehyun watching along with a grin on his face.

jaehyun had dared jaemin that he couldn't drink espresso straight up without the cup of milk normally in his drink. jaemin, not being one to pass up a challenge, accepted and there they were.

jaemin didn't react after he finished, just sitting there with his shit-eating grin, pride radiating off of him.

jaehyun waited for a minute, expecting the boy to cough or to at least recoil slightly, but never got a reaction, so he left to make a free drink for the boy.

"what's the plan for tomorrow?" jaemin asked, leaning back in his chair.

"tomorrow?" donghyuck repeated, "valentine's day? my yearly schedule! let me pull it out."

jamie and jaemin watched in amusement as donghyuck opened his phone and went to his calendar.

"'tis a friday this year, so i have to get up at normal time, but i have ten minutes that i normally play games in for crying. after school i usually go to the local bookstore, buy any kpop album i desire at the time, and then go home. i end up looking through the albums and, by seven, i eat the godawful heart shaped foods my mom prepares for me before her and my dad go out for their 'romantic' evening that they don't return until midnight from most years. then i cry while watching romantic movies and sleep."