27

jamie's head went to the side, the force of herself falling waking her up and making her catch herself

the starbucks was empty and she was the only one working because it was not only late but her coworkers had clocked out to get drinks, saying she was too young to drink so she had to stay.

the empty promises of them letting her leave early one day and then take her place had been pushed to the back of her head, not particularly caring because jaemin normally took the subway over and would do his homework there and keep her company until he had to leave again.

however the boy was busy that day, something along the lines of babysitting his aunt's dog and having a meeting with his aunt and his lawyer over his parents.

so jamie was alone, leaning against the counter and staring blankly through the big windows in front of the store. her homework was long done and forgotten, sitting in her backpack on the floor next to her.

her mind, naturally, went into overdrive, analyzing and thinking situations over.

mainly about two of her friends, huang renjun and lee jeno.

huang renjun, the male she often found in her head. as far as she knew, he was still with yena, even after their huge fight week prior, and was still blocked on her phone. she tried following mark's and donghyuck's advice, but she hadn't been able to push the male out of her head completely. she often found herself at a standstill, trying to find ways to make him look at her the way she looked at him, simple things like makeup or clothes that she hoped wouldn't go unnoticed that sadly did.

jaemin always picked up on her small changes however, commenting on them and how her makeup was done well or how she planned her outfit perfectly. at some points it led jamie to wonder if the male liked her, but then convince herself it was just his personality.

jamie always thought about how easy her life would've been if she had fallen for jaemin or mark instead of renjun. the two boys were boyfriend material to her, always trying to make her comfortable over themselves and be there for her whenever.

sadly, her heart chose renjun, the broken down boy with skewed visions of love.

lee jeno also appeared in her mind often as of recent, the idea of her friend, mia, not talking to anyone or even assuring them that he was alright concerned her. she always wanted to be someone people could lean on, and the fact that no matter what she did, jeno still pushed her away concerned her, because as far as she knew, he wasn't leaning on anyone and was alone.

she couldn't imagine how scary it must be for him, alone and wondering. did he even have a home at the moment? where was he residing? how was he eating? was he eating?