44

"my wallet is crying

"my wallet is crying."

jamie scoffed, taking the ice cream out of jaehyun's hand and grabbing the spoon in his other.

the male sat down next to her and took the remote, scrolling through channels.

"this is too happy," jamie mumbled, "i want sad."

jaehyun sighed, "but you need to feel better."

"put on one more happy, romance show and i might kill you with this spoon," jamie threatened, holding up the spoon.

jaehyun raised his hands in defeat and jamie went back to eating her ice cream.

it had been a couple days since donghyuck and jamie saved chenle and encountered mark and chaeyoung and a couple days since jamie started avoiding mark.

it might've been petty, but it really hurt her when he couldn't think of any reason as to why he became her boyfriend instead of one of the others he was set up with.

so, she had resorted to old habits of eating ice cream and seeking jaehyun's comfort.

it was already summer break for the college kids, so lucas went to visit his family in china, johnny, newly graduated from graduate school, had found a more stable nine-to-five job as an intern for a professional photographer and had finally started his youtube career, something jaehyun and jamie had been pushing him to do for years, and jaehyun was trying to relax with what summer he had before he became a teaching assistant for summer school at sopa.

jaehyun opened his mouth and jamie put a spoonful of her ice cream in, the two's eyes focused on the tv.

"can we build a fort?" jamie asked softly.

jaehyun looked at her in shock and then smiled brightly, his eyes practically closing, "of course! i wanted to ask, but i was kind of afraid."

the initial awkwardness of not being together as often as they used to be was thrown out of the window as the two excitedly jumped up and collected blankets, sheets, and pillows, turning their living room into a huge fort.

the tv was discarded as they excitedly sang to music jamie had put on through their alexa, dancing around with jun xue, and having a good time.

nostalgia filled them of not too long ago where they were each the other's life support, where days like this of fake happiness turned real were often.

jamie and jaehyun thrived when together and their fort had been finished and they were two movies deep into their usual sappy american romance movie marathons, when there was a knock on the door.