38

chips? check

chips? check. chocolate? check. a video game that jisung would like? check.

jamie took a deep breath before knocking on his door.

the door opened quickly, surprising her.

jisung stood there, hair messy, dark circles under his eyes, a wife beater on and a pair of baggy grey sweatpants and matching slippers.

jamie was shocked at the sight of the bruises on his expose arms and at how skinny he really was, barely any muscle on his arms.

he was shocked at the sight of her, instantly grabbing a hoodie next to him and pulling it on.

"i, uh, thought i would come keep you company since i know your sister works today and chenle said he was busy and jaemin finally left you alone because he has a family gathering today and i know you're house ridden-"

"hi," he smiled sheepishly, cutting her off, "it's okay, i'm okay being alone."

jamie frowned, "okay... well at least take what i brought over then. i thought you'd like this game, it's one of my favorites, i've finished it three times already."

jisung took the game, flipping it over in his hands and reading the back.

"i've heard a lot about this game.. thank you," he awkwardly grinned.

jamie regretting going there and after she awkwardly left, a bag of chips still in her hand and chocolates she was popping in her mouth every time she had finished one.

jisung looked so uncomfortable at the thought of even talking to her. what had she done wrong? they were fine last tome they hung out, weren't they? he didn't act that way then. was it all her fault? did she bring the wrong chocolate? chips? did he even like the game she brought? she just wanted to hide under the covers in her bed and scream until she died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

sadly, that was not possible because a jaemin was already asleep on her bed when she had gotten there, still in a nice polo and slacks, his hair styled and his earrings not in. he hadn't even bothered to take off his outside shoes and put on a pair of his three slippers sitting at their entryway.

"he showed up an hour ago," lucas said, scaring her as he took the bag of chips from her and opened it. jun xue was in a special dog duffle bag lucas had brought especially for jun xue, his little white head poking out and taking the chip lucas had handed him.

"king really suits this spoiled dog," jamie mumbled angrily as the dog yapped and lucas gave it another chip, "anyway, wasn't jaemin supposed to be at a family gathering?"