Unexpected Confession ♡ SeungGyul

Fluff and a slight bit of angst
Seungyeon X Hangyul
A bit of Seungwoo X Wooseok at the end
Enjoy!
_______________

Having a whole comeback to prepare only in a month is surely a mission. Practice was constant, lack of sleep was usual, and mostly, tiredness and stress filled the group. Of course it was also expected, and even though it was hard, members were willing to go through it to make a great debut for everyone who supported them throughout Produce X 101.

But surely, it wasn't only flowery roads.

Dance practice was always one of the most stressful ones. Everytime someone got it wrong, all 11 members had to do it again. So it was almost impossible to avoid some awkward and tense situations.

That day they had been practicing since early morning, and it was almost 3 pm. They had to finish it perfectly or they wouldn't be allowed to leave for lunch. Well, they had made that promise already about half an hour ago, so the atmosphere was already a bit aggressive. And the main reason for the delay was actually one of their main dancers: Lee Hangyul.

Lee Hangyul was, undeniably, one of their best dancers. But for some reason on that specific day, he was extremely unfocused. He would get confused with left and right, do moves off tempo, or simply dance not willingly. It may have seemed like he wasn't caring about dance practice, but he was so frustrated with himself he could just cry. Dance was one of the things he was confident at the most, and he just couldn't get it right, and over all that he was making members, even injured members suffer because of his mistakes.

They were trying to repeat the choreography for the hundredth time, and Hangyul swears he was trying so hard to focus. But again, his shoe seemed to get stuck on some crevice on the floor and he fell forward. Everyone just stopped dancing, some sitting down, some sighing heavily. Everyone was angry at him, and he felt that in their gazes toward him.

He felt hands hold his arm and try to help him stand up. So he slowly stood up by himself, looking up at whoever had helped him. Seungyeon looked at him with such an empathetic smile, it almost didn't fit into the tense atmosphere that filled the room.

"Hangyul-ah, are you okay? I saw you fell over your hurt leg, does it hurt? Be honest."

"I don't think so..."

Hangyul said very slowly, trying to move around to prove his point. Seungyeon just looked at him, disapprovingly and clearly knowing it wasn't completely true. Seungyeon already knew Hangyul long enough to know when he lied. Members were just staring at the two, when one of them (A/N I won't say who, I know members would never be this harsh with each other freely, so I don't want to make anyone the "villain", so those sayings in italics are unnamed characters) said, very sternly.

"It would be better if it hurt, then we could just say you are hurt and finish now, you're the only one making mistakes."

"Yeah, you really have to see yourself, you were the only one standing out with how bad you were doing."

"Guys, enough. Don't you have bad days as well? Didn't Hangyulie also support you through those days? Did he ever lose his patience and come at you like this? No, he didn't so just chill the heck out and let him be."

"I don't care, let's just go eat."

Members got out one by one, until it was only Seungyeon and Hangyul in the practice room. Hangyul had his head down. He didn't want to, but everything the members said he took in and couldn't help but keep reminding himself of how bad he did. He felt Seungyeon's hands on his shoulders.