07: 𝙁𝙞𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙊𝙪𝙩

Ashley's POV

I was frozen in time. Did I just hear that right? They found my father after 7 years. 7 FREAKING YEARS. It's just unbelievable.

"Can we come inside" one of them asked.

"Sure" My aunt said as she opened the door even more.

They walked past me inside and I just stood there for a few more seconds then I followed my aunt and the officers to the living room. All they did was talk about where they saw him and when but I didn't listen much.

All I could think about is what if he comes back for me. They said they found him but he hasn't been arrested yet. They just spotted him around here in the area. After they explained everything my aunt walked them out and sat down next to me again right after.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine just a little bit shocked but I'll survive" I said trying to smile but i clearly didn't work.

"Okay, if you want to talk i'm here" I just nodded and stood up.

"I'll go sleep" I said and walked upstairs.

The next morning I woke up, totally not feeling well. I walked into the bathroom and got ready. When I was done I walked down stairs and stood by the dining table.

"I'm not hungry" I said before my aunt could even give me the food.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"Yeah and if i'm getting hungry i'll just get something on my way" I said turning to her.

"Okay" She answered.

I took my bag and walked outside to wait for Kayla. I waited for over 10 minutes and she still didn't arrive. I'm gonna be late for sure. I took my phone out and texted her. Where are you? i wrote. Not even a minute later I got a message back that said. I'm sick so I can't go to school. I let out a deep breath. Then I'll have to walk. I stared walking but i knew for sure that i wouldn't make it on time since I only had 15 minutes left.

A few minutes later I heard a car driving next to me really slow where it even got to the point where the car stopped. The person inside the car opened the window.

"If you're gonna keep walking you'll never make it" He yelled.

At first i couldn't really see who it was but then I recognised him. It was Corbyn.

"Dude stop stalking me" I yelled back.

"Come on, get in the car he said"

"Sorry, i don't get in the car from creepy stalkers" I said while trying to hold in my laugther.

"Wow, now i'm trying to be friendly and you're still acting like that"

"I'm just messing with you" I said as I walked over to the car.

I opened the door and got in.

"This still doesn't mean I like you" I said as I looked at him.

"Whatever" He said and drove away.

At first it felt a little uncomforable because of what he asked me yesterday but that was over really quick. We talked the whole car ride. Who knew that we could get along so well?

Around 5 minutes before time we arrived. He parked the car and we got out.

"So, do you still think I'm a creepy stalker" He asked.

"If you're gonna keep following me around all day then, yes" I said as I walked away.

"I never even followed you" He yelled at me while trowing his hands in the air.