20: 𝙂𝙞𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙩 𝙖 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙚

"LEAVE HER ALONE" I yelled at the brown haired boy as I saw him push the girl against the lockers.

I saw her eyes tearing up as he still had strong grip of her and didn't let go yet.

I walked over to them and stood behind him.

"I said leave her alone"

After a few seconds he finally let her go and turned to face me.

"I expected bad from you Zach, But I never expected you to hit girls" I said as I looked him right in the eyes.

He looked right back at me without any expression on his face and without saying anything back, Which is pretty weird since he always has a comeback.

For a minute we just stood there without saying anything but that soon changed when Zach sighed.

"Listen you don't know anything about my life, so from here on stop telling me what to do" He sighed in an actually really calm tone and walked away not a long time after that without looking back.

As soon as he left I walked closer to the girl.

"Are you okay?" I asked her as I kneeled down in front of her.

"Yeah, I'm fine" She said with a shaky voice while trying to hide the bruises that probably came from Zach hitting her.

"Listen, if you wanna talk-" I tried to say but soon again got cut off by her.

"It's fine, you don't need to be friendly to me just because that happened" She said and stood up real quick so she could walk away.

"No wait, I'm only trying to help" I said.

"You don't need to, I'm used to it, I can handle it don't worry."

"He has done this before?" I asked concerned.

She looked down and not a long time later tears were falling down her cheeks.

"Basically every day" She said while crying.

"Oh my god" I said as I gave her a hug.

"Why did you never tell anyone about it?"

"I did in the past but that only made it worse" She said.

"Hey, as long as I am here he doesn't even have to try again or I'll hit him right in the face" I said as I stopped hugging.

She gave me a small smile.

"By the way, would you like to come to my friends party tonight?" I asked breaking the silence.

"It's not really a party it's technically just a thing for a few friends" I said as I saw her doubt.

"No, it's not that" she said as she looked at the ground.

"It's just I don't wanna be a burden"

"You're not a burden" I said.

"Are you sure? I mean it's for you and your friends" She said.

"I'm sure they won't exactly be happy to see me"

"Of course they will, and if they don't I'll kick their asses until they do" I said as I smiled.

She smiled back.

"Okay, I'll come"

Not a long time after that the bell rang and I knew that hell was gonna start again.

"Which class do you have?" She asked.

I rolled my eyes

"Geography"