Thoughts of a Dense Man

Summery: Httyd 3. What were Hiccup's thoughts on the cliff when Astrid gives him a pep talk?

Kinda a sequel to the chapter Thoughts of a Dense Boy

SCENE AINT MINE

Italics: Memories

I HATE MATH I HATE MATH I HATE MATH I HATE MATH I HATE MATH I HATE MATH I HATE MATH

Hiccup's pov

I could hear the familiar foot steps of Astrid. We stood looking out at the sky for a moment before she started speaking. " Ok you're back to where you started. But I was the first to believe in you and I have watched you doubt whether you're worthy ever since."

" You have to give me a chance to explain!"

" I'm not listening to anything you have to say!"

" Then let me show you. Please Astrid."

" You wanna keep it a secret to protect your pet dragon are you serious?!"

" Yes."

" Ok, so what do we do now?"

That's right! She was the first to believe in me and accept the dragons when the rest of Berk wouldn't. ' There will always be a Hiccup and Astrid. Always'

" But you know what? I am the person I am today because of you. I never told you that but it's true!" She exclaimed. I mentally chuckle as I remember how she used to be. " You are the most bravest, most stubborn, most determined knucklehead I know!" She said.

" Toothless didn't give you that Hiccup. He just-"

"Don't say anything, I was being silly." She said. " No you weren't! I should've noticed that necklace right away but it's not about that. I've been taking you for granted. I have and I realized that today. I couldn't have done any of this without you Astrid, not the dragon riders or the Edge. You've always been there for me and I want to always be there for you.  I love you Astrid Hofferson With everything I have and I always will."

" Made it easier." I finished. " Now its going to get a lot harder." She stated. " What are you gonna do about it?" She asked. You know this reminds me off 6 years ago when dad took toothless to find the nest and she encouraged me to not give up. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have her in my life.

" I didn't get you a gift!"

" Astrid you got me the greatest gift in the world, you. You just being here with me is the only gift I need"

" Probably something stupid." I finally replied.

" That's the Hiccup I know." She said as I kissed her Cheek.

She's right about everything. Now I know I'm stronger when she is with me. She's the best thing to happen to me. Even if I were to lose Toothless (Uh about that..... 😅😅😅) at least I still have her to keep me sane.

The End.