Rant 14 ~ Bad Teachers

Now, teachers can be really cool and fun and just AWESOME, but let's face it, there's a lot more shitty teachers than awesome ones. One of the most horrid teachers I've encountered was a substitute, and she recently made a re-appearance.

In Band a few days ago, Ms. Wilhelm and Mrs. Andre were gone for a conference, so we were stuck with... Ms. Kava. *shudders* She's young, so she had Andre and Wilhelm as teachers and knows how the class runs. That knowledge gives her confidence, and power. The only good thing I've discovered about Lava Java is that she's a wonderful opera singer and can do a mean national anthem, but that's where the list ends. She's not afraid to yell at you to spit your gum out (I HAD BEEN GOING THROUGH WITHDRAWAL OKAY I HADN'T BEEN ABLE TO CHEW GUM FOR LIKE TWO WEEKS BECAUSE MY TEETH WERE SORE FROM BRACES AND I WAS DESPERATE), she expects you to know how to do things, and she expects you to do them fast. I'm sorry that we'd never even seen the sheet music for Christmastimes Three before, but she could've been considerate and given us a slower tempo! And she didn't give the percussion near enough time to switch from CT to Regency Court, so we basically had NO percussion for the whole song. Ms. Kava is just... UGH!

The second worst teacher- wait, scratch that. Mrs. Hutzler is definitely the absolute WORST. She's the art teacher, so I should like her... but I don't. For many reasons.

1. SHE'S SO STRICT! She makes you read or do homework during LITT (homeroom, study hall, whatever), no talking to ANYONE, and you can't listen to music. Everyone else with other teachers can... 😢

2. SHE'S AGAINST ELECTRONICS OF ANY KIND. If you're reading, it's okay-ish, but if you're caught reading during lunch you may as well be caught dead.

Mrs. Hutzler: "Lunch is for eating, you can play on your electronics outside!"

*outside*
Other teacher: "Get off your devices and go play, you had plenty of time for that stuff during lunch!"

Me: *facepalm*

You get the idea.

One more teacher that comes to my mind is Mrs. Boesinger, the bane of my 4th grade year. Ms. Glesmann is the only reason I stayed sane at all that year. In fact, 4th grade was shitty for everyone, this one girl considered suicide because she had so many late assignments...

In retrospect, it makes sense that I hated Mrs. Boesinger's guts, as she's a volleyball coach. All of the A-team volleyball players are really stuck up, no matter how old they are. Anywho, she would always assign these reading sheets, and we'd have to read to our parents and have them time how long it took. I don't know why I didn't do them, because I loved reading even back then, but I guess it was because they were all really boring and I never had the patience for them. I never liked reading anything for assignments in elementary school, the only things I would read were books that I got from the library.

Instead of understanding that she had a student that needed help with something, Mrs. Boesiger harshly swatted me off. If she would have just taken the time to sit down with me and discuss things, work on a plan for me to get my assignments done, then maybe I wouldn't have resented 4th grade so much. But she ruined any chance of leaving a good memory for me, so now she'll always be greeted with a scowl.

The very last absolutely disgusting teacher that I'm going to cover is Mrs. Bitch. Now, that's not her real name, but I don't remember what it actually is so I'm just sticking with that. If you've read my book Stuff!, I've talked about Mrs. B. before. She was a Band substitute as well, which really makes me question Andre and Wilhelm's judgement when they choose a sub.

Mrs. Bitch was waiting on the podium as we all walked into the Band room. Everyone got their chairs out and their instruments put together, and naturally, as it was our very first year of Band, some of the clarinets took a little bit longer to get everything assembled. Mrs. B harshly told us to hurry up, and I informed her that clarinets have many more pieces and are slower for 6th graders to set up.

Her response: I PLAYED CLARINET FOR 7 YEARS THROUGH HIGH SCHOOL AND COLLEGE, DONT YOU DARE TALK BACK TO A TEACHER THAT WAY, BLAH BLAH BLAH MEAN THINGS BLAH BLAH!!!

My response: *SOBS*

What I was thinking: NEWSFLASH BASTARD, IM PRETTY SURE YOU WERE OLDER IN HIGH SCHOOL THAN WE ARE NOW! YOU HAD ACTUAL EXPERIENCE PUTTING TOGETHER YOUR DAMN INSTRUMENT BUT WE HAVENT HAD VERY MUCH AND YOU EXPECT US TO PUT OURS TOGETHER LIKE SNAP SNAP SNAP WHAT IS IT WITH BAND SUBS WANTING US TO DO EVERYTHING SO QUICKLY-

thank goodness I haven't encountered Mrs. Bitch again. Although I would love for those spoiled-rotten 6th graders this year to get a little taste of her... I swear, they're so annoying and obnoxious! Ugh!

Comment about any bad teachers you've ever had!

P.S. I went to get my hair dyed again today and it made me think about my hair salon rant 😊 Now my hair is black and brown and copper and it's so freaking EPIC!

P.P.S. My crush is in Quiz Bowl with me and I keep hoping that he'll ask me to the school dance like when we're walking down the hallway after Quiz Bowl is over or on the bus to Omaha for the competition... Tana, in case you're wondering, it's Hunter. He's the cute blonde 7th grader who didn't answer any of the questions (we're so much alike 😍). He's sooo nice, and cute, and most importantly he treats me like an actual human being. If I can hook him, he'll be a keeper 😉

Rants coming soon:
-paragraphing
-hairbrushes
-National Novel Writing Month
-crying
-HUNTER IS SO ADORABLE
-------------