Chapter Four

Milly's p.o.v

"Alright Johnny I'll see you Tuesday" I said swiping my employee card, tonight was my night off because it was Christmas Eve. Earlier in the day Johnny asked me to come help him clean the bar for the weekend, I reluctantly agreed once he said it'll be with pay.

I left in a hurry and jetted to the supermarket before it closed, by this time everyone should be enjoying dinner with their loved ones so the store wasn't too packed. I picked up a few things consisting of junk food and a few bottles of wine, this was my first holiday alone and I don't intend on being sober.

I paid for my things and was beginning to leave the store until someone started to call my name "Milly! Milly!" It was Brian.
I reluctantly took a few steps back and he must have noticed, there was a sheer look of disappointment on his face.
"Hey" he spoke softly "look... I just wanted to say I'm an idiot, and you shouldn't have had to go through that."

I sighed looking down at the ground "no hard feelings it wasn't the first time" I said unsure about the situation.
"Well that's bullshit you should quit" he half yelled getting aggravated, I was taken back by his sudden outburst why does he care?
"Well considering that Johnny is my cousin and I just moved here six months ago I think I'm good."

He blinked hard at me a few times seemingly surprised "Johnny's your cousin!?!"
"Yes our dads are brothers" I said informing him. We sat in silence for a moment until he spoke again "so got any plans for tonight?" He asks gesturing to the bag of food in my hand.
"Unless you consider pro wrestling and junk food a good time then no" I said trying to dodge the subject, as he failed to hold back a laugh at the mention of "pro wrestling."

"How about Pro wrestling and Jack Daniels?" He beamed pulling out a huge bottle of liquor, I rolled my eyes and thought about his offer. Spend the holidays with throw up boy or drink my sorrows in wine? Either way it was going to be a long night "try not to puke barf boy."

He helped me load my car up before asking me to follow him to a near by pizza parlor because he was "starving"

"Alright Milly stay close I tend to drive a little wild at night" he taunted getting into his Range Rover truck.
I threw up a finger and sped off hearing a faint "hey!" In the distance. We drove around in circles for a while just racing each other the streets are dead, finally we pulled into the pizza parlor. He jumped out of his car and gave me a light tap on my window "be right back" I simply nodded as my response. It was quiet so I decided to turn on the radio, there was a familiar song playing maybe I've heard it once or twice but tonight was different. I actually listened to the words he spoke it was a sweet melody, his voice beautiful and strong something I've never heard before.

Dear God the only thing I ask of you is to hold her when I'm not around
When I'm much too far away
We all need that person who can be true to you
I left her when I found her
And now I wish I'd stayed
'Cause I'm lonely and I'm tired
I'm missing you again oh no
Once again

I got so caught up in listening to the song I didn't even realize Brian standing outside of my window
"I uhhhh just wanted to know what kind of toppings you like" he murmured scratching his head, I told him that it didn't matter and I would eat anything.

I was alone again for a while until he came stomping out the store with two large pizzas "lead the way" he called out to me. I nodded my head sticking the key back into the ignition and pulling out of the parking lot.