Chapter Twentythree

Matt's p.o.v

I sat alone outside enjoying a beer Brian was inside scolding Milany for her cherry pie dance. If it were Val I would do nothing but make sure every fucker who looked her way could never look again. But I would never embarrass Valary I loved her too much and whatever decision she made I would back them up completely... besides it would be hot watching my wife dance on a bar.

I was almost finish with my drink when Brian came storming out of the bar alone "shit" I mumbled already knowing what happened.
"You didn't" I gasped, the look on his face was horrified "she fucking dumped me" he screamed punching the brick wall.

I stood quiet with my mouth hung wide open what the fuck could I possibly say to make it better? So he punched the wall again... and again until his hand was bloody "alright Gates enough" I finally spoke up.

He slid down the wall clutching his head "I really love that girl" he cried out, and that's when I decided to drop my tough guy act. I crouched down beside him showing my brother some love "then why did you act like such a dick it's just a dance you know. And she's right you knew for months that the guys in the bar are pigs but Milany is strong she can handle herself."

I could see the affect my words had on him as his facial expression changed, tears fell from his eyes and my heart broke for him.
"What am I going to do she'll never take me back" he weeped I sighed heavily knowing that was possibly true.

"When you have a girl like Milly you have to set her free and when the time comes she'll come back if it's meant to be. Remember right before I purposed to Val we had that huge falling out, it took me losing her to realize that I couldn't live without her. So pick your head up brother if she's yours she will come back and if she doesn't your just saving yourself from another heartache."

I dusted him off and handed him a cigarette "come on you can stay at mine tonight." We headed back home and he drank whatever was available, Val watched sadly and when he finally became too inebriated she helped him to bed. I quickly jumped up and put my shoes back on and grabbed the keys off the table "where are you going?" Val asked.

I walked over to her and placed a soft kiss on her forehead "I think you know" she nodded and hugged me tightly "I love you so much."

-
-
-

"I knew I'd find you here" I chuckled, she smiled sadly at me and passed me a bottle of Jack.
"Thanks" I said taking a sip, I exhaled for a moment to take everything in.

"So you wanna tell me what happened?" I asked giving her the floor, she sighed and picked herself up off the table "I'm such an idiot."

I put my hand on her shoulder giving her a tight squeeze trying to get her comfortable enough to open up to me.
"All my life men have thought they could control me and all my life they have. When I was in high school I dated this asshole named Angel I thought we would grow old together... until he started beating on me. Now I was never a cheater and I never gave him any reason to mistreat me, except dress up pretty and do my hair oh yeah that was enough for him to black my eye. And then again at eighteen when my mom and dad split, mom's boyfriend Steve would sneak into my room and touch me while she was at work. He said that if I told a soul he would kill me and my mother, so I kept quiet for months. And now at twenty eight I had Brian who is genuinely a great person a little rough around the edges but aren't we all? And all I had to do was compromise just this once, and I couldn't instead I gave up like the little damaged entitled bitch that I am."

"Milly you are amazing and maybe the strongest person I know, and your right Brian is a great person. A little hard headed and territorial but that's just because he's fucking obsessed with you, I've never seen him act this way and we were married to twins. As for everything that's happened in your past I'm so sorry and if you ever give me the word I'd kill any fucker that put his hands on you. Your like a little sister to me now and I want you to stick around, so please whatever happens with you and Brian always know you have a home with me and Val. But as far as Mr. Haner goes give it sometime you two were meant for each other and I'm sure you both can feel that, now come on let's get you home I'll be sending Val to check up on you soon."