Chapter Fifteen

"Milly I can't..." she was in shock as the words left my mouth, there was a dreadful silence that filled the room. And a part of her looked crushed "shit I didn't me-" she cut me off growing furious "what Brian! Worried I can't handle it, fuck this shit and fuck you I'm out!"

She started towards the door not even stopping to collect her things, I panicked jumping in front of her "wait!" I shouted. She rolled her eyes placing a hand on her hip "get out of my way or I'll show you just how well I can handle myself" was she going to hit me?
My mouth parted slightly and I suddenly noticed the lump in my throat as I tried to speak "I want you... just not like this you deserve so much more then a heated fuck."

She pressed her lips into a straight line then exhaled deeply "I can't be with someone who treats me like I'm some delicate little flower, all my life people have tip toed around me I just want to be free."

And free she was... I thought back to the night where we first met, she danced to some 90's stripper song in a room full of thirsty men. It seemed like Milany wouldn't be a hard case to crack, considering she was a bartender with a butterfly belly ring and tattoo on her lower back but I was wrong. She's beautiful no doubt but mysterious and wild, was it wrong of me to be so serious with her? Should I avert back to my old ways and show her the good time she was looking for? Nah. I would possibly marry this girl if she'd allow me, I'm no longer young and free but Milly is. With age comes wisdom and responsibility and I felt like it was my job to teach her that, I couldn't let her slip through my fingers.

"Okay... okay ... you want reckless? I'll show you reckless I made an entire career out of it babe. But no sex at least not until I take you out to dinner first, have you ever been on a date? Or even in a relationship with someone who cares about you more then just physically?"

And she couldn't even answer my questions I knew it nobody had ever loved Milany. With the exception of her parents she probably only ever encountered assholes that wanted to use her.

"A few shitty boyfriends... abusive and controlling congratulations you've figured it out. I'm incapable  of love or commitment and the one time someone actually truly wants me for me.... I almost die in his bathtub. I'm damaged goods Brian maybe you should quit while you still ca-"

This time I cut her off pulling her into my arms kissing her deeply "far from damaged... I'll show you let's go out tonight."

She sighed deeply looking into my eyes "what are we gonna party like rockstars?" I smiled "oh babe you have no idea."

-
-
-
-

I pulled into the driveway of Matt's house and jumped out of the car, tonight I was going to ask my best friends for a terrible favor.
I knocked on the door with heart in my hand... more like with my ass in the pit of my stomach because I was scared shitless.

"Brian? What's up man I didn't know you were coming over tonight." Matt greeted me stepping aside "I need your help" I looked to Valary sitting on the coach "both of you."