Very Impressive

A/N: The song above is the song the lyrics later on in the chapter are from.

--

I made my way to my first class of the day, AP History. I was surprised when I walked into the classroom to find Roman and Remus both sitting at the back of the classroom. I checked the board to see if there was a seating chart, letting out a sigh of relief when I saw that there wasn't. I quickly took a seat at a desk in the back of the classroom, a bit of a distance from the other two boys. Logan walked into the classroom shortly after me and took the seat between me and the others.

"Greetings, Virge. It's nice to see a friendly face here," Roman leaned over in his desk, looking past Logan and addressing me.

"What about my face screams friendly?" I glared at him.

"You know Virgil, Ro?" Remus said from the other side of him.

"Why yes. I met him in the hall earlier. Carter was trying to bully him and his brother, Patton. How do you know him?"

"We've got homeroom and study hall together. Oh, and he's got an audition this weekend."

"A what?!" Roman and I said in unison.

"That is correct. De told me about that. Patton told Remus and De that you play guitar and sing. We would appreciate you auditioning for the lead singer in our band."

Roman looked from Remus to Logan, to me, and then back to Remus. "And where pray tell will he be auditioning for your little garage band?"

"Our garage. Duh."

"Ugh. Like I really want you and your little emo band hanging around the house all weekend. I was planning a party."

"Don't worry about it. I'm not auditioning," I sat back in my seat and slouched down, pulling my hood over my head.

"Why not?" Logan asked, ignoring Roman and Remus as they began to bicker.

"I don't play. Haven't in months. Got in a car accident. My guitar got busted."

"We do have an extra guitar, Virgil."

"I don't sing."

"Patton says otherwise."

"Well, Patton is wrong. I don't sing."

That wasn't entirely the truth. I did sing. I just didn't sing in front of other people. Again, not a fan of being the centre of attention.

"Well, that is a shame," Logan said, turning his attention to the front of the classroom as the teacher walked in.

***

I was relieved when lunch finally rolled around. I dropped my books off in my locker and made my way to the lunchroom and waited for Patton.

My brother ran up to me with a huge smile on his face. "Guess what, kiddo."

"Chicken butt," I replied, shoving my hands in my pocket and walking over to an empty table Patton, earning a chuckle from him.

"I'm trying out for the cheer squad next Friday," he replied excitedly.

"Sweet," I sat down and leaned against the wall behind me. "Speaking of tryouts. Why did you tell those guys that I could sing and play the guitar?"

"Because you can."

"Yeah. But I don't do either in front of other people.

"You used too," Patton said in a quiet tone.

"I haven't sung in front of anyone in three years, Patton. So just drop..." I sat up straight and frowned slightly. Patton turned in his seat to follow my gaze to the front of the cafeteria. Logan was being accosted by that Carter kid. Did this jerk not have anything better to do with his time than harass people?