Party

Warnings: Remus, alcohol, possible cursing

A/N: Not sure if all of the warnings above will appear in this chapter or if I'm missing any. Just wanna cover my bases. Also, I'm writing this on my mobile so please excuse any typos and weird formatting. When I finish the book I'll reupload all of the chapters so the formatting is consistent and typos are corrected.

We all got up around noon the next day. That gave us about five hours to clean up and plan music before Roman's party. At the jock's insistence we were going to be playing mostly pop music. I'm not sticking my nose up at pop music. Some of my favorite bands toe the line between pop, rock, and alternative. Lucky for us Remus was used to Roman's demands and had already put together a list of songs for us to play from just such bands, on top of the songs his brother insisted on. With about two hours to spare Roman ran me home to drop off me and Patton's book bags and to grab us some fresh clothes.

While De, Remus, and I set up the instruments in the living room, Patton set up the refreshments in the kitchen and Logan helped Roman move the furniture out of the middle of the floor. We finished a little after five, just as the first of Roman's guests started to arrive.
By seven it looked like the entire school was in the house and I was actively trying not to have an anxiety attack.

"It's gonna be fine, Virgil," De gave my shoulder a gentle squeeze.

"Easy for you to say. You aren't lead vocals."

"I'll let you in on a secret our last lead singer told me. Just find a familiar face in the audience and play for them."

"We're playing a party, not doing a concert."

"Just play for your brother. He obviously enjoys your musical talents."

"Fine," I grabbed my guitar, I had brought the one my dad had bought me back with me from home, and made sure it was tuned. "What song are we playing first?"

"3am," Remus replied from behind his drum set. I nodded and we started playing.

About four songs later we took a break and I wandered off to find Patton. I had to dodge a couple of Roman's football buddies who were obviously inebriated (drunk jocks what fun) as I made my way through the house, eventually finding my brother hanging out with the cheer squad.

"Hey, Pat. Having fun?" I walked over and bumped my shoulder against his, grunting softly when he hugged me tightly.

"Yup. Don't touch the punch. Someone spiked it," he frowned slightly as he warned me.

"Thanks for the warning," I returned his hug. "Take it easy, I'm gonna go find a quiet spot to chill until Remus wants to play again."

"Okay, kiddo," Patton waves me off and I wandered around the house.

Eventually I found myself upstairs in Roman's room. The door was open so I wandered in, not really realizing it was his room until I looked up and was nearly blinded by all the white again.

"Virgil!" I jumped as my name was yelled and watched as Remus came walking into the room with a stumbling Roman beside him.

"What happened? Is he okay?" I pointed to Roman with a look of concern in my face.

"He's fine. Just drunk. What're you doing?"

"I'm not drunk," Roman pouted.

"Was wandering around looking for a quiet spot. Are you sure he's okay?"

"Yeah. He'll be fine. If he drinks any more he'll probably start groping you though."

"Remus!" Roman glared at his brother. I stared at them wide-eyed, blushing like crazy.

"What? You're handsy and horny when you get really drunk," Remus chuckled.

"Not cool!" We both yelled. Though we were probably yelling it about separate things.

"I'm heading outside," I pulled my hood up over my head and pushed by the two teens, making my way towards the stairs. I stopped at the head of the stairs though, when I heard Roman yell at Remus.

"Really, Remus?! Do you not think before opening your fucking mouth?"

Silence, Remus was probably talking, but at a more normal level than his drunk brother. Against my better judgement I walked back towards the room, curious about what they were saying.

"He's probably going to avoid me like the plague now!"

"You have a crush!"

"I do not!"

"You wanna fuck him."

"Remus Wulf! For the love of...!" I could hear pacing and a heavy sigh. "I want to be his friend. He's new to the school and in town. Plus, he's got all the same main classes as me. Logan has told me repeatedly that I'm too 'extra'. I'd like to have friends other than the guys on the football team and in theater.  Unlike you I do like a bit of diversity in my friend group."

"What about Patton?"

"We only have lunch together. Though I do consider him a friend. But, honestly who couldn't consider him a friend? He's such a sweet, friendly, little puffball."

I couldn't help but smile as I leaned against the wall. He was worried about scaring me off because he wanted to be friends. Most people just wanted to avoid me. I guess I could be a little less hard on him. I pushed off of the wall and headed down the stairs.

I slipped my headphones on as I walked outside and put some music on on my phone. It was nice being outside and away from all the noise and the people inside for a bit.

My peace was short lived though. Someone came up behind me and tapped me on the shoulder. Turning around I was treated by Sunniva smiling brightly at me. Ugh. "'Sup?"

"Nothing much. Why are you out here instead of inside?"

"Too many people. You?"

"Saw you sneak out and wanted to make sure you were okay," she tucked her hair behind her ear and smiled at me.

"Look, not to sound rude or conceited or anything, but why are you always around me? Do you like a crush or something?"

Sunniva looked at me and blushed. "No. Oh no. Crap. I'm a sorry. I'm just like really used to being super friendly and close to people and I didn't stop to think that... I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable, Virgil."

I let out a relieved sigh and chuckled, shaking my head. "It's all good. I was just scared for a bit there. You always sit close to me at lunch and that first day you asked me what my plans were for the weekend in like a whisper so I was kinda scared."

"I was gonna invite you to Roman's party if you weren't busy. I was whispering because Remus tends to jump to inappropriate conclusions about random shit and it is so annoying," she laughed. "I do have a crush on Patton though."

"Patton?" I stared at her in shock.

"Yeah. He's super friendly and adorable and sweet and kind and so caring."

I laughed. I couldn't help it. She sounded so adorable and sweet talking about Pat.

"What's so funny?" She crossed her arms and frowned at me.

"Nothing. It's just you sounded like Paton when he talks about a puppy or kitten. If you like him you should ask him out."

"But we just met."

"Yeah. Sometimes relationships work when you go looking for them. Sometimes they work better by just letting them happen naturally and not looking for them. There's no right or wrong way to it. If you like him you like him. Ask him out. Worst that could happen is he says no and asks to just be friends."

Sunniva nodded and opened her mouth to say something else, but was cut off by Logan approaching and telling me that Remus was ready to start playing again.

"We'll talk some more later," I told Sunniva before following the other boy back into the house.

***

The party was over at about midnight and a few people still hung around until almost three in the morning. Roman and Remus has both been drinking and so were in no condition to drive anyone home. So, we all crashed at their place again.