Bloody Valentine

A/N: Chapter title is a reference to a Good Charlotte song (same title) and like 4 Valentine themed horror movies (Valentine (2001), My Bloody Valentine (1981), My Bloody Valentine (2009), and Valentine DayZ (2018)). While there will be no blood in this chapter there will be mention of the song (which is a bit macabre) and the movies. And this will probably be a short chapter because ya boi knows squat about romance and/or what people do on Valentine's Day besides eat chocolate.

"You want to watch horror films? On this holiday that is dedicated to all things love related?"

I didn't have to see Roman's face to tell that he was, for lack of a better word, mortified at my suggestion. I couldn't blame him really. Who in their right mind suggests horror films for a date night? On Valentine's Day.

I never claimed to be in my right mind.

"They're Valentine's Day themed horror films, Roman. And they're kinda romantic," I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "I'm just not big on the whole romantic movie thing. They're usually completely and totally unrealistic. It's... depressing."

Roman wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me close, kissing the top of my head. "Lucky for you I love you so much," he pulled out his phone and opened up his iTunes app and showed me the purchase history.  I snatched the device out of his hands and stared at it with wide eyes.

"You rented them? And Valentine DayZ?"

"No," he plucked the phone out of my hand and  locked it before placing it back in my pocket. "I bought them. After school we're going to my house and having a horror movie marathon."

I wasn't big on the whole extreme expressions of emotion in public thing, but I made an exception and tackle hugged my boyfriend. "Thank you, Princey. Tomorrow we can watch ALL of the Disney movies."

"All of them?"

"Well, all of the movies we can fit into a 24 hour period. With breaks for food and the bathroom."

"And making out," he waggled his eyebrows at me and I turned into a tomato. That only made him chuckle.

"Jerk," I teased, pushing away and lightly punching him in the arm.

"You love me. I'll see you in History," he kissed my forehead before leaving me at the door to my home room class and heading to his own.

I waited by the door to the classroom for Patton and Logan. They had gone to the library so Logan could help my brother with his science homework before home room. That was the only reason I didn't walk to class with the younger teen. I saw them walking over to the classroom with De and Remus and relaxed a bit. I knew that if need be Patton could hold his own in a fight, there was a kid in Ireland with three missing permanent teeth to prove that one. But, I still worried about him. I didn't put it past Carter to have his cronies help him beat up someone who went up against him.

We walked into the classroom and took our seats, Remy was at his desk... napping. Once the late bell rang he woke up and took attendance.

***

"Oh goodness! Oh no! What in the name of Zeus?!" Roman stared mortified at the television. We were watching the 1981's My Bloody Valentine. Had I known he would be this squeamish I would not have suggested horror films.

"We can watch something else if you want."

"I do not want. I wanna see if they catch this fiend," the mortified look on his face changed to one of determination and I couldn't help, but chuckle.

We cuddled close and finished watching the movie. When it was over Roman got up and stretched.

"Be right back," he left his room and I popped on my headphones and began listening to music.

Oh my love
Please don't cry
I washed my bloody hands and we'll start a new life

I closed my eyes while listening to Good Charlotte sing about homicide and unrequited love.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and jumped about a foot in the air and screamed. When I looked to see who had scared the hell outta me I saw Roman holding a bowl of popcorn and laughing his ass off. I pulled off my headphones and glared at him half heartedly.

"You nearly gave me a heart attack, Roman! I could've died!"

"I...I called your name like... like four times," he gasped out between laughs. "Movies too scary?"

"No. I just don't like being startled," I puffed out my cheeks and sat cross legged on the bed. I watched as Roman walked around to the other side and sat beside me before starting the next movie, 2001's Valentine.

We didn't really make it through the movie, finding something more interesting to do.

Not that!

We ended making out.

That was all.

Seriously.

So, anyway, we made out for like the duration of the movie and then we ate pizza and watched the other two movies before calling it a night.