Date Night

Roman showed up to my place exactly when he said he would to pick me up for our date. I, however was not mentally prepared to go out and was dragged from my room by not only Patton, but also my dad, and Logan (the traitor). Shoved out of the house and with the door locked behind me I looked up at the taller teen and just blushed.

"If you didn't want to go you could've said no, Virgil."

"Whaaaat? No! No. Dude. Roman. No." I sighed and dragged a hand down my face (thank goodness my eyeshadow always looks messy anyway). "I'm nervous. Alright?!" Shoved my hands in my pockets and looked away from him.

"Nervous? Why?"

"Because I've never been on a date before and I really don't wanna fuck up our friendship."

"Virgil..." Roman pulled me into a hug and I tended up without even trying to. I was caught off guard. I wasn't expecting the embrace. I was expecting how gentle his voice was when he said my name. I wasn't expecting him to be so warm. I wasn't expecting him to smell like roses and chocolates. Why the hell did he smell like roses and chocolates? "If this date doesn't go well enough that we both want a second then that's alright. One bad date won't stop me from being your friend."

"Really?" I looked up at him in shock.

"Really. Now let's get going, My Chemically Imbalanced Romance. Our movie starts in an hour." He led me to his car and opened the door for me.

I thanked him as I climbed in and put my seatbelt on and he closed the door before getting in on his side. He put in his own seatbelt and started the engine, driving us the the movie theater.

When we got to the theater Roman had informed me that he had gotten us tickets to see Aladdin. After he showed our tickets to person checking them he lead me over to the concession stand and bought us snacks. I found a couple of seats in the back of the theater. Normally I would've picked a seat in the middle, but most of the seats had already been taken. Plus sitting in the back is what teens on dates did anyway. Right?

We quietly chatted while the ads played on screen. We were a bit early and had plenty of time to chat before the lights dimmed. As the movie started I pulled my hood up over my head and absently nibbles on some popcorn.

About ten minutes into the movie I felt someone staring at me. My head snapped to the left in time to see, Roman quickly turn his attention back to the screen, a small smile and a faint blush on his face. My cheeks immediately started to heat up and I slowly turned my attention back to the movie.

***

"Did you enjoy the movie?" Roman took my hand in his as we walked out of the theater.

"Yeah. It was pretty good. Have to admit I liked it a bit better than the original," I chuckled and moved a little closer to him as a cool breeze blew past us. "He still only got the princes after lying and deceiving his way into the palace."

Roman laughed and probably rolled his eyes at me. I've spent enough time around him since our first encounter to know that he definitely rolled his eyes. "I promised Patton I'd have you home by midnight. We still have some time to kill. Would you mind if I took you to one more place?"

"Sure."

We got into Roman's car and he started driving. I watched absently as the scenery flew past us, only looking away from the window when I felt Roman take my hand in his.

"You're kinda touchy-feely even while sober, huh?" I teased.

He chuckled and blushed. "I can stop if you'd like me to."

"No," I may have said that a little too quickly. "I umm... I like when you hold my hand. It feels nice..." my voice trailed off and my cheeks felt like they were on fire. I quickly looked back out of the window, not wanting him to see how much I was blushing.

"I think so too."

We drove the rest of the way in silence. Roman opened the door for me when we got to our destination. I recognized it as the place he took me when De's brother outed me to them. Logan was still the only one in our friend group who didn't know I was trans. Patton had said that when I was ready, if I ever wanted to tell him, he would sit with us while I do it. I figured I'd tell him tomorrow.

We sat down on the ground and Roman gently pulled me down as he lay back. I glanced over at him. His eyes, a beautiful shade of golden brown, were focused on the sky. I could see the stars reflected in them. I'm not sure how long I had been staring at him, but it must have been for awhile because the stars were no longer reflected in his golden eyes, but my own silvery blue eyes were.

My eyes widened and I blushed like crazy, but I didn't move. I couldn't move. Why was he suddenly so close. Did Roman move closer to me? Did I move closer to him?

"Virgil?" His voice was low and his breath was warm against my skin.

"Hmm?"

"May I kiss you?"

My mind went crazy and my internal voice started screaming. Inside my mind was kinda like that scene from Spongebob where the miniature SpongeBobs were trying to find dude's name and couldn't. Yeah. It was like that in my head as I tried to find my voice. All I could do was nod my head though.

It was a short, chaste kiss. His soft lips pressed gently against mine. And even though it was short it still felt like time stood still for a moment. We stared at each other afterwards, in silence. A silence that was broken by the sound of screaming. Screaming coming from... Roman? But he wasn't screaming.

"Fucking a, Remus." He sat up quickly and pulled his mobile out of his pocket. "Sorry, Virge." He answered the phone and started chewing out the person, Remus I gathered, on the other end.  About ten minutes of him cursing and me trying not to laugh at the half of the argument I could hear later he hung up the phone and gave me an apologetic look. "My apologies. Remus can be quite annoying at times."

"It's cool," I chuckled and waved a dismissive hand. "We should probably be heading back. It's getting late." I stood up and stretched. Roman did the same and offered me his hand. I happily took it and we walked back to his car.

The drive back to my place was silent, but comfortable. When we pulled up to my house Roman got out and opened the door for me again and then walked me up to my door.

"This was nice, Princey."

He blushed.

"If you would want to I wouldn't mind going on another date with you."

He smiled brightly and gently caressed my cheek. "I would be more than happy to take you out again. May I give you a goodnight kiss?"

I nodded, my heart racing. He leaned in and placed another chaste kiss to my lips, this one a bit longer than the last one. Long enough for me to return it. We both were nearly as red as Roman's jacket when we pulled away, grinning like a couple of idiots.

"I-I'll see you Monday."

"See you then, Hot Topic." He placed a quick kiss on my cheek then went back to his car.

As he pulled off I walked into the house and was immediately tackled by Patton who wouldn't stop squealing in delight and was talking a mile a minute. From what I could gather he'd been spying on us in the window.