22

Daily dose of mental health:

Believe in magic.

The following morning when I entered the kitchen I saw Rosaline flipping pancakes, humming a tune

"Good Morning." I greeted.

"Good morning." She sing songed. "How was your good night sleep?"

"It was okay." I answer not quite understanding the reason for her question. "How did you sleep?"

"Good." She smiled and took the cake down from the pan and put another spoonful of batter in the pan.

She's a good cook, I heard she had her own chain of restaurants back in Italy. She's pretty successful on her own.

"Help me with these, would you?" She asked pointing at the batter bowl. "Just take another fry pan and get going."

I grabbed another pan and brushed some oil into it and waited as it heated to right temperature. Rosaline showed me how to pour the batter and how to move the pan circle-circle to make the cakes to the right shape.

"See there? Not so hard." She grinned.

"Uh-uh." I mumbled. "You make it seem easy."

Rosa laughs.

"So...what do you have in mind?" She asks.

"About what?"

"Life. I heard you are studying anthropology. How is that going?"

"So far so good." I shrug. "Got a test coming up."

"Are you studying enough?" A motherly edge grips her voice.

"Yeah." I answer.

"Good." She nods. "How about you and I go for the dresses after breakfast?" She asks. "It'll be a nice outing."

"Okay." I answer. "What about the others? Ariana, Audrey and Bella?" I asks.

"Ariana and Bella isn't going. Bella is too young and Ariana doesn't want to go. Says she's old, dunno what she means though. And Audrey is in Paris. Visiting her boyfriend."

"Oh."

I didn't know Audrey had a French boyfriend.

"I suppose Miri can come along too. I like her. Nice girl." Rosaline says.

"She's nice." I agree.

Together we carry and serve the plates and mugs full of juice and coffee as people start to arrive still in their pajama, including Don Vincenzo and Hades  into the parlour.

Ariana or Hades's dad who is a doctor wasn't present on the table. Neither was Bella. It was just the twins and rest of us

I take a seat beside Rosa who gives me a small smile. I return her gesture.