Chapter 23

Sam's p.o.v.

I walk out into the kitchen and see Jessie dancing around cooking something that smelled delicious. I walk over and turn down the loud music.

" so whatcha making?" I ask looking around and seeing all the pots and pans on the burner.

" my famous spaghetti. " she says smiling. Going back to stirring the pots.

"Well do you need any help?" I ask tentatively.

" nope. I got it." She says popping the p.

I shrug "fine." I plop down on the couch and turn the TV on.

Flipping through the channels finally landing on one of my favorite movies. The proposal.  And it just started so I'm happy.

I smell the delicious aromas radiating from the kitchen. I hear some clattering dishes and a "shit." I pause the movie and walk in.

"What happened?" I said looking at Jessie holding her hand.

" fucking burnt it." She said.

I walk over and see on her palm a bright red mark streaked across it. I pulled her over to the sink.

"You put it under warm water then slowly make the water colder. Its good for it." I turned it on and felt it.

Then stuck her hand under it. She hissed lightly. I slowly turned it all the way to cold water.

"Wow that feels so much better." She says sighing with relief.

I shut off the tap and look at it." It looks like its gonna blister. Lets find something to wrap it." I say.

We walk to the bathroom and I look everywhere. Finally finding a first aid kit. I pull out some gauze and tape.

"Hold out your hand." I say motioning for it to come forward.

She sticks out her hand palm up. I put the gauze on, she hisses with pain again."sorry." I mumble. Then wrap the tape around it.

"There...wait." I say picking her hand up and kissing her palm lightly. "All better."

She looks at me intently. " thanks." She smiles.

"Yeah your welcome. " I say smiling.

We stay there for a moment looking at each other. Then she turns and walks back out to the kitchen.  I walk back over to the couch and sit down.

About ten minutes later she comes out with two plates piled high. With food.

"There ya go." She says smiling.

"Looks delicious. " I smile.

We both sit down at the coffee table and watch the proposal while eating our spaghetti.

It was actually really good. I liked it a lot. I wolfed it down actually.

"So you like it huh?" She says.

"Mm hmm" I say. While still eating.

"Good." She says smiling.

Once we finish we both put our plates in the sink and plop down on the couch. She sits close to me. After the movie ended. The next movie came on right after it. The notebook. I go into my room and bring out my blanket and pillow.

" can you share some of that?" She asks pointing to my blanket.

"Um sure." I say lifting the blanket up.

She curls up beside me. I feel the warmth of her skin against mine.

When the end comes around. We both are crying hysterically. I sit up and she does too. I look over at her and wipe the tears off her face.

"Why are these movies so sad?" she asks.

"I don't know. I mean I thi-" I was cut off by lips against mine.

I kissed back not knowing why I was doing this. She kissed harder pushing me down against the couch. Her lips taste like an intoxicating poison asking for another drink.

I kissed her passionately tangling her hair in my fingers. She trails kisses down my jaw landing on my neck. Lightning shooting throw my skin everywhere she touches burning with a hidden desire. I want her hands on every part of my body.

I feel the light tug at my pants and her hand slips into them slowly. Her fingers tantalizingly teasing me. Her poisoned lips falling lower and lower till a small growl escaped my lips. She continued on.

I felt the poison seep into my veins like a drug that pulls you in and never lets go.

Her fingers still teasing. I snap out of the trance. And gasp. I sit up. Her hand still in my pants, I pull it out.

"I'm in love with someone." I gasp.

Then stand up quickly. Before I knew it I grabbed her keys and some money.

" I have to go to her. Please understand." I say.

She just nods as I run out of the apartment and down the flights of stairs. I click the unlock button and hop in ripping out of the parking space and onto the highway.

Only a half an hour away maybe.

I step on the gas. Knowing very well I don't have a license.  I zoom by everything the radio still blaring loudly. My heart thumping. Oh please I need you. I only need you.

I looked down at the time and saw it was ten thirty. Wow pretty late. I look and see these way to bright head lights so close to my face.

Boom.