~8~

-emma-

another monday, another start.

olivia caught the flu today and jacob, being the older brother his is, decided he should take care of his sister.

-olivia-

i faked a few coughs this morning to skip school. i didn't want to go to school, i didn't really know why.

"so," my brother leaned on my doorframe. "sick huh?" i roll my eyes as he hands me a warm cup of what seems to be chocolate.

"you know damn well i was faking it," i smile. "what do you want?"

"i'm going out soon," he counts his fingers. "have fun with your girlfriend, oh wait, she's in school."

"shut the fuck up," i joke as i sip the drink. "anyways, where you going?"

"skating round the block with the boys," he shrugged. "will be back by 10."

i waved and he left.

i glance at the clock, 12:00 in the afternoon.

my stomach queased and i felt tingles all over my body, aching for me to touch anything on my body.

i quickly trim my nails (which weren't long in the first place) and undressed.

i reached into the blankets and start working my magic.

-emma-

lunch period. i sat with the dolans and introduced amanda to them. they seemed to get along quickly.

"emma!" jordan, the captain of the football team ran to me. "hey! i'm assuming that you're still the head cheer?"

"what's up with the hurry?" i ask.

"we're doing football recruits today, so we're assuming you're doing your tryouts tomorrow?" he spoke quickly.

"i guess," i nod. "we can do that. the gym should be empty tomorrow after school."

"great. we'll talk again when the members are in. yes?" i nod and he ran off.

"what's up with him?" grayson eyed him full of envy. "he couldn't handle being football captain?"

"grayson," i warn him before he goes on that same rant. "you're trying out for football team, right?" he shrugs.

"not when that asshole is here," he breathed. "i just fucking hate him."

"how about you ethan?" i ask, the badge on his chest that was attached to his thin sweater. 'head boy' it said.

"wait," i pause. "when did you become head boy?" he looked at me.

"wait, shit!" he yells. "you have to go to the principals office, like now!" i was taken aback.

"go!" he does the shoo gesture and i took off sprinting to the office.

"i'd like to see the principal," i told the secretary.

"emma chamberlain?" he said. "here's the head girl badge, you'll have everything sorted out fine."

i was in utter confusion at this point.

"where's olivia rouyre?" she asked. "she was supposed to get her core-group badge."

"she's sick," i reply. "she's resting."

"i see," she says back. "ask her to come tomorrow." i nod.

i return to the cafeteria and ethan was stuffing his face in his pie and amanda was assisting him.

"what the fuck is going on here?" i awkwardly say. "aren't you supposed to be eating your guys lunches?"

"ethans eating it the special way," amanda laughs evilly and he pulls ethan's head out of the pie.

my phone dings, and i saw that had received a picture from an unknown person.

my phone goes to open, and i see a filtered picture of... olivia. in her room, naked, and her hand down, there.

my body tenses up. what was she doing? who sent me the picture?

in came another text.

'sending love from... madi:)'

my blood boils. did olivia stay after school for madi? tears form in my eyes as ethan notices. he notifies grayson and he goes away. grayson comes up to me and put his hand on my lower back.

"what's up lil sis?" he rubbed on my lower back. "who's bullying my little precious?"

i show him the picture. i take a closer look this time. olivia has her back arched, her hair was messy.

"holy shit," grayson covers his eyes. "that's olivia." i nod.

"do you know who it was from?" grayson asked. i showed him the text and explained that we had made a new friend called madi when our parents were moving in together.

"you suspect that olivia cheated on you?" grayson was shocked, so was i.

"i don't know right now." my heart raced. "should i ask olivia?"

"it's best to confront her, and hope that she tells the truth."

-olivia-

emma should be home any second now, and i'm excited. i haven't seen her for one whole day! can't you believe it?

the doorbell rings and i excitedly ran to the door. outside stood was the one and only madi, which had an evil grin on her face.

"what do you want?" i scream as she gets on top of me, stroking my hair.

"i want you," she breathes sensually as i avoid her attempts to kiss me.

"i knew it!" i heard another voice from the door. "i knew it i knew it i knew it!"

oh no.

"emma please," i push madi aside. "emma please!" she pushes my hand away as tears flow down my face.

"emma please believe me," i beg. i was crying, harder than i have ever cried. "i didn't cheat, please emma."

"i thought that i could trust you, olivia rouyre." she screams. "i thought that for everything we've been through together, we'd make it to the end. but apparently not."

the tears were flowing down like an endless river. i look towards the door, and see two disappointed faces looking at me.

"please believe me," i breathe, i was truly tempted to hold emma's leg when she left.

"grayson," he shakes his head. ethan just left. "please believe me, i didn't cheat, like not at all. please grayson."

"i want to believe you olivia," grayson says. "but what we just saw was really hard to not believe." more tears.

emma strode towards the door, her eyes overflowing with tears. she was trembling from the top to the bottom.

"goodbye, olivia rouyre. it was nice meeting you." then she left.

"sorry," madi says before leaving. "for all this."

and at that moment i realise, madi, the parent meet-up, everything was a setup.

we were too dumb to notice.