~9~

-emma-

"i told you that she wasn't good for you. you didn't listen, look at you now? crying, weak and helpless." she mixes her coffee with no emotion.

"you aren't helping mom," i took a big breath from my tears. "but anyways, since when do you actually help?" i run up to my room and shut the door.

----

"are you sure you packed everything?" i nod. the notebooks on my shelf and everything was gone. before we left, i decided it was a good idea to check the mail for one last time.

there was a pastel pink envelope in the box.

'to emma chamberlain.
from: '

my instincts jabbed me in the stomach but i refuse to believe it.

'dear emma,
i know you're moving today, and i know you probably still hate me deeply. but i wanna say that everything that day was a trap. madi was planned. your mom knows about everything. but whatever i say isn't important anymore. you have moved on, and i'm not the one for you anymore.
i wrote this letter to tell you that i love you still and id be here any time if you want guidance or anyone to talk to. i will be forever waiting for your second call, and i'll be there to talk to you.
i love you,
olivia.'

a tear flowed out of my eye and onto my cheek.

i knew damn well i haven't moved on. i kept all our notebooks and read them when i was feeling lonely. i still wore her t-shirts and hoodies that were 2 times too big for me because they reminded me of her.

but was i still mad at her? of course.

i read the letter again, going to breakdown mode.

"emma, honey are you okay?" my mom looks at me. "oh, you're crying. what's wrong?"

i shake my head. "nothing mom, i'll miss this place, like a lot."

"you will?" she frowned. "you'll miss olivia, won't you?" my eyes flood with tears and they spill out quietly.

"i'll take that as a yes," my mom says. "move on, emma. it's part of life. you both were young, and hopeless. i know well that it wasn't true love. you both are girls! there's no love there."

my blood boils but i don't say anything.

"let's go."

and off to san francisco we go.

i keep thinking about the letter.

'everything was a trap.' what does that mean? what can that mean? how was madi a trap?

"are you excited to go to san francisco?" my mom bubbled. i smile the tinest bit.

"mom," i kept my eyes on the road. "can you please tell me what happened, with olivia and madi?" she tenses.

"i wouldn't know," she lies. "i wasn't there to witness anything."

"lies," i mutter and she looks over, shocked.

"what did you just say?" she squinted at me.

"nothing."

i was tempted to text olivia and ask her what happened, but i think it's a trap so she would be able to talk to me again.

a few days pass and i've received texts from my old friend, the dolans and amanda, and some from the same unknown number.

the text messages are usually:

'i'm sorry'
'i was under orders'
'i'm not madi please reply'

but i blocked them because they were bothering me.

"let's go meet some of the neighbours," my mom yelled cheerfully. "shall we?"

- - - -

the next 2 years i lived in san francisco, i started my own career of being a comedian on youtube, and basically like all youtubers, i moved to LA.

days before moving to LA, i noticed that i girl with frizzy long hair and wore black clothing was following me everywhere, she even hid at the bottom of my window ledges outside the house.

i figured it was either a super fan or an insane guy, so we called the cops on him, put a restriction order against him, and basically just hoped for the best.

i knew that the dolans were in LA, having a busy life dealing with their youtube problems. i heard from them that olivia had moved to LA, and had been joined by famous clothing brands, such as dote and hollister.

"sweetie," my mom smiles at me and kisses me on the forehead. "look at you, you're all grown up now. live your life in LA, have fun, don't worry about boys."

"i definitely won't mom," i chuckle and she frowns. "i'm kidding. i'll miss you." we give each other a hug, and i left kind of crying in the car.

-olivia-

i think i've gotten over her.

the key necklace that she had given me was exchanged to a lock necklace, which indicated that my heart is locked and it belongs to someone.

someone, who doesn't love me back anymore.

ha, and i say i've gotten over her.

i attended drama school right after emma left our hometown to San Francisco, and i've stayed in LA for as long as i can remember. jacob, my brother and i fell apart, and the rest was honestly a big blur.

i heard that emma had come to Los Angeles alone, my heart lit up. not in any chance she would want to be with me again, but just to see if i could explain myself to her.

the next day i set off to the photoshoot i needed to go to, and i pass by hollywood boulevard, and i stopped by Brandy Melville to see if there were any jeans on sale. i needed nice jeans.

i look for the high-waisted mom jeans, in a light blue wash with rips at the knee. that's what emma wore almost everyday.

and there she was.

her long brown hair has been dyed to a pure black gothic style, she was wearing a crop top and jeans, with air-force ones.

she's changed.

she turns around, still looking at her jeans. her eyes flicker from her jeans to me, who was staring intensely. she pauses, and looks at me again.

"olivia?" she asks, her light blue piercing eyes hitting me once again.