~19~

-emma-

"we should go back to my mom," i suggest, my head embedded in my computer, my eyes bloodshot as i edited my video. "explain everything. finally be together."

"sure," she says. "i won't have time to plan the trip though, i'm still working on a recent project."

"since when do we plan anything?" i smile and she puts her notebook down.

"i can't believe you're still going strong with your degree," i glance over at her notebook. "you do so many sponsors and stuff and you still have the time to study."

"yea i guess," she takes out another folder. "thank god i get to be homeschooled. it's my last year and i wanna get the whole degree."

"it ends in november right? finals in october." i continue editing.

"yea," she sighs. "i don't seem to be learning enough though." i could feel that she was panicking.

"babe," i throw my laptop aside and crawl towards her. "you're going to be fine, i promise."

"i hope so," she croaks. "anyways, we should go to San Francisco. fix everything. so we can you know, be together."

"we're together," she indicates to the both of us.

"you'll see," she takes my laptop. "we'll go tomorrow. i'm being spontaneous. who's ready for a 6 hour road trip?"

- - - -

"it's 6 am," i groan as olivia rocks me awake. "my legs are sore. not my fault you fucked me good."

"you wanted it first!" she continues on pulling on me. "get up lazy!"

"fine!" i get up and get ready. by the time we got to the car, it was 7.

best friend by rex orange county blasted on the radio, olivia and i jamming out to the loud music.

it's been 3 hours, and olivia and i have been carrying out small talk and giving advise to amanda, who was crying on the other edge of the phone.

"i don't know anymore," she cries and olivia and i listen. "girls are confusing. boys are confusing. i hate this!"

"hey," i sadly whisper. "it's fine. trail and error, that was your first girl! you'll find a better one, just believe in yourself!"

more crying.

"dude," olivia says. "hate to be the person, but we have to stop for food. call us in half an hour?" she declined, and we decided that that was a yes.

"poor amanda," i shake my head. "she deserves so much better."

"grayson?" olivia thinks about it. "nah grayson is kinda out of her league.

"hey!" i laugh. "that's mean." she laughs along.

we get food and drive in silence for another 2 hours, and we arrived.

we first stopped by my hotel, and then to my house.

i knock. my mom answers the door.

"oh what a surprise!" she yells and we hug. "you're back!" i smile weakly.

"hey, mom," i say. "let me introduce you to my girlfriend, who you probably know very well, olivia rouyre."

"what?" she shrieked. "impossible!"

"impossible?" olivia smirked from behind me. "let's sit and talk."

olivia and my mom gather around the dining table.

"i did everything," my mom muttered at olivia. "and you still managed to come back?"

"you did do everything," olivia leaned over the table to get close to my mom. "but you did too much."

"for instance," she gets up. "that day you finally succeeded. jacob handed me a cup of hot chocolate, but that wasn't any chocolate, there was viagra in it.

i finished the cup and then the viagra made me do that. then, you ordered jacob to take a picture of me, and label it 'from madi'" she pauses.

"am i correct, mrs chamberlain?"

my mom remains silent.

"so, immediately after that, you ordered madi to bust into my house right after emma left school. she tried to seduce me and make me kiss her and i didn't budge. emma bursted in and suspected that i was cheating."

"am i still correct?" she challenges my mom again. i cant believe what i just heard.

"rouyre," my mom gets up but does deny everything olivia just said. "don't test me."

"i'm not testing you," olivia grits her teeth. "am i correct. yes. or. no."

"yes." i voice from behind says and we all turn.

it was my stalker.

"what the fuck!" i scream and i step back. "who the fuck are you?"

she slowly takes her hood off, revealing her frizzy black hair. her eyes were big, they were familiar.

madi.

"i got paid by my father, who worked everything out." madi added to the details. "he was a homophobic man, sent me to conversion therapy for more than 2 years."

"geez," i frown. being in there for 2 months seemed like hell to me. i cant imagine 2 years. "i'm so sorry madi."

"i am too," olivia muttered. "must be difficult."

she smiled back sympathetically.

"don't be. i'm a proud queer girl now." she smiles. "i just wanted to reveal the truth. you guys hold a strong bond. you deserve to be together."

"thanks a lot mads," i smile at her and she smiled back.

"i guess my work here is done," she waved limply. "have fun. or whatever."

then she left.

"mom," i mutter. "i'm very much disappointed in you."

"i'm just doing it for your good," she says. "you're still confused, and this girl is tricking you! remember when you're with dan? you seemed so much happier!"

"don't talk about him!" i lose it. "he was toxic! he called me a whore and a slut!"

"at least you were with a boy!" she screamed back. "how long have you guys been back together?"

"a month or 2," i reply. "we're not planning on leaving each other."

"don't you feel depressed?" she pressed on. "didn't you feel complete with any boy that you've ever been with? why do you have to choose a girl?"

"because i'm in love, mom," i reply. "olivia is the love of my life, and she will always be! no one can change anything about it."

"yes," olivia continues. "i'm sorry but you've got to face the truth."